Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heater --> Cold

All:

My heater is running really cold...not just at idle...

I can only get heat out of it as >40mph.

Don't remember it being this bad in the spring...f

Fan just blows cold air...

I do have the low RPM bypass installed...but it was warm this spring after I installed it...

Dave

All:

My heater is running really cold...not just at idle...

I can only get heat out of it as >40mph.

Don't remember it being this bad in the spring...f

Fan just blows cold air...

I do have the low RPM bypass installed...but it was warm this spring after I installed it...

Dave

have you checked to see if the water lines to your heater are not blocked?

Yup, that would be my first guess. You should be able to disconnect both hoses from the engine and blow through the higher of the two. Not necessarily easily, but you should be able to do it. Do NOT use compressed air unless you are VERY careful and limit the psi.

You sure the heater temp isn't just going up in your mind? You know, warm memories of Spring??? :)

Yup, that would be my first guess. You should be able to disconnect both hoses from the engine and blow through the higher of the two. Not necessarily easily, but you should be able to do it. Do NOT use compressed air unless you are VERY careful and limit the psi.

You sure the heater temp isn't just going up in your mind? You know, warm memories of Spring??? :)

What does higher of the two mean?

Would that be the one that is now coming off of the low-RPM Y adapter?

Don't bother with that low rpm fix, that isn't gonna help you. Either the core or the lines are plugged up with junk. Do you boat in water with lots of small weeds and such?

chris

remove the altered tgaugh dog pic avatar and we'll help with the heater...per the request of hgaugh

My Avatar is tgaughs dog...I wouldn't dare mess with hgaugh's dog :-)

Don't bother with that low rpm fix, that isn't gonna help you. Either the core or the lines are plugged up with junk. Do you boat in water with lots of small weeds and such?

I guess I am going to have to check this out.

Dave

What does higher of the two mean?

Would that be the one that is now coming off of the low-RPM Y adapter?

You have a hose that located toward the top of the motor, this is where the hot water comes from. This is the one I mean by higher of the two. The one you connected to the "Y" is how the water is drawn through the core. Unhook both hoses and blow through the one that comes off the top of you motor. If you can't physically do this, you heater core may be plugged with crap or shot.

Next step could be to remove both hoses from the back side of the heater. If you can blow through each of them, they are not plugged. If you can't blow through one or both of them, you may have solved your problem.

Chris, no one is suggesting "bothering" with the low RPM fix. Whatsamatter? Too much homework got you down??? ;)

Couple of thoughts here. We had a team boat that the heater lost some heat. If you pick up silt or some rust from the block it could be pushed into the heater core. Try blowing through the core and if that doesnt work, take the core out and swish it around in tub of water or the lake to see if anything comes out. Other thing, the low idle fix has a 1/8" hole. If something got through the core, it could be plugging that hole up. Remove the hose at the y-pipe and take a look.