Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sorry, another one!!

Ndawg12

Need your opinion if this would work and what complications I might run into. Some day when my money tree takes root I would like to pull out my rear hard tanks and put in Fly High 750's, mostly for surfing. But my question is instead of putting 2 750's in the rear and then getting another large sac for the surf side seat can I just mount the fill pump to the floor, secure the hoses to the floor, and then make the 3 connection hoses to the bag 10-12 feet long. This way I could pull the nonsurf side bag out and put it on the surf side seat and still have automatic filling, draining, and vent.

What you think?

Need your opinion if this would work and what complications I might run into. Some day when my money tree takes root I would like to pull out my rear hard tanks and put in Fly High 750's, mostly for surfing. But my question is instead of putting 2 750's in the rear and then getting another large sac for the surf side seat can I just mount the fill pump to the floor, secure the hoses to the floor, and then make the 3 connection hoses to the bag 10-12 feet long. This way I could pull the nonsurf side bag out and put it on the surf side seat and still have automatic filling, draining, and vent.

What you think?

Not sure I follow everything your saying. What I can tell you is that you don't need a vent so your only gonna deal with two lines. even better! I have done this in my boat and I pull out the non surf side 750 and just fill it with a tsnami pump.

BTW- This is a great system for many reasons. At 6'3 215 I really appreciate being able to crawl in the rear locker to do engine work. We love the storage when sacks are empty, easy to make on the fly adjustments to the wake for wakeboarding etc.

What you think?

I don't see why this wouldn't work. All of that hose might fill up your rear locker and might get tangled up from time to time but it sounds like a good idea. I have one 750 on the surf side and I still have the hard tank on the starboard side. This winter I was going to replace the other hard tank but wanted to be able to move it over to the port side seat when surfing with a small crew. You might be better off plumbing the non surf side sac with quick connects and then just move it and use the tsunami pump to fill it.

What you think?

I don't see why this wouldn't work. All of that hose might fill up your rear locker and might get tangled up from time to time but it sounds like a good idea. I have one 750 on the surf side and I still have the hard tank on the starboard side. This winter I was going to replace the other hard tank but wanted to be able to move it over to the port side seat when surfing with a small crew. You might be better off plumbing the non surf side sac with quick connects and then just move it and use the tsunami pump to fill it.

I think you're following me. I would plumb both sides that way so that either side could be moved for both regular or goofy. I think either way I would use the quick disconnects, I think that after draining the sac it would be easier to wrap the hoses up and put back in the rear storage if they are disconnected from the bag.

What you think?

If the goal is to increase the weight in your boat why would you pull out your hard tanks under the floor. i believe those tanks hold between 200 and 250 pounds. the 750 sac will fit as long as you put a snorkel tube on the sac so that you can hook your drain pump up to it when is full in the locker. just saying.

What you think?

If the goal is to increase the weight in your boat why would you pull out your hard tanks under the floor. i believe those tanks hold between 200 and 250 pounds. the 750 sac will fit as long as you put a snorkel tube on the sac so that you can hook your drain pump up to it when is full in the locker. just saying.

Ah, my good buddy Rhino is back!! I've seen you ask why people take these tanks out before in other topics. Now I know why, my tanks are actually above the floor and they take up nearly half of that space but only give 200lbs of ballast. You can't fit a 750 in there and fill it full with the hard tanks. Thanks for the idea though.