Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What would you like to add?

WakeGirl

Cleancut doesn't play well with OS X. There are little blue boxes almost everywhere there is a link with a ? mark in them.

At my resolution (1024 x 768) on a 19 inch monitor, The cleancut skin has stuff the "wraps around", mostly in the header of the page (like the box in the upper right corner that shows my member name and avatar).

Makes the presentation pretty nasty. Just sticking with the default skin for now, but I thought I'd let you know.

Thanks for all your work on this. It's taking a little while to get used to, but I'm sure it won't take much longer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• areamike

• Pistol Pete

• NorCaliBu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like to see the reduced image sizing added back for images that are posted.

I'd like to see images left out of quoted text. Would that be easier?

Lol, those are great. The one that I've been thinking that we need is a group hug icon. I saw one in IPB style a few years ago, but didn't grab it & now I can't find it. If you come across that, it would be a cool addition.

Found a couple

grouphug3.gif <- I like this one best.

huggy.gif <- Although this is good for a single hug.

grouphug.gif

grouphug2.gif

and a few more various ones.

w00tbounce.gif

sorcerer.gif

witch.gif

• 3 weeks later...

sorry if this has already been brought up but I didn't want to read through all 10 pages.

What about a hijack option in your post. Then there would be a setting in your profile to view hijacks or ignore them. or having [hijack] Something [/hijack] and would have a + in the post that would hide that part until people wanted to read it.

• 2 months later...

Jimmy, I wasn't ignoring your question on that, I just haven't ever seen an option or mod for something like that. I've been keeping an eye out though.

Paid members, you'll find that you have another skin to choose from. If you look at the bottom left of each page, there is a dropdown box next to the "English" box. Click that box & you'll have a selection of skins to choose from. The newest one that I just added is called "Deflection", & it's dark.

Tracie, saw your posting on the "Newbie Article".

Something to consider ... I know a lot of webboards like this have a section to practice post, add links, pics, video. Just an idea.

Edit: Not sure if this has been suggested before.

Edited by MalibuNation

Not a bad idea.

I mentioned in my status that we're testing a new gallery system. This is something that the other admins & I are currently testing. I think that everyone here will like it, but we've got a fair amount of work to do before it's ready to introduce.

How about a chat room? We get enough people online here at one time especially during the summer to keep it populated and I doubt it would take away from the forums as it would likely mostly be off topic.

After the site was updated a few things didn't work anymore for me. I've cleared out my cookies and cache but it didn't help...

1. When I scroll over a topic I can no longer read the first sentence or two

2. It no longer takes me to the last page (or the last page I was at) of a new thread. It always opens with the first page.

Is this just my computer?

If you're talking about the "update" from a few days ago, that's not what I would call it. More like an emergency restore. I've got a few suspicions that we'll see a few bugs, but haven't seen any for myself, yet.

Is the first issue one that you can capture a screen shot of? Does it happen on all skins or just one in particular?

Regarding #2, where are you navigating from when you encounter that problem (ie, view new content, board index)?

EDIT: One other thing, do you have access to another (different) computer that you can log in from to test?

Tracie, saw your posting on the "Newbie Article".

Something to consider ... I know a lot of webboards like this have a section to practice post, add links, pics, video. Just an idea.

Edit: Not sure if this has been suggested before.

I like the "practice" area idea. I still can't get a pic larger than a thumbnail to load. Mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

If you're talking about the "update" from a few days ago, that's not what I would call it. More like an emergency restore. I've got a few suspicions that we'll see a few bugs, but haven't seen any for myself, yet.

Is the first issue one that you can capture a screen shot of? Does it happen on all skins or just one in particular?

Regarding #2, where are you navigating from when you encounter that problem (ie, view new content, board index)?

EDIT: One other thing, do you have access to another (different) computer that you can log in from to test?

I forgot about this...sorry...

I will e-mail you a screen shot.

I get to threads by clicking (for example) 'Off Topic' > 'Toyota Recall' and it takes me to the first post, not the most recent (or the last page I read)

• 1 month later...

Can we add these smileys or something similar? I am not sure if anyone owns the rights too them though as I didn't make them.

eyebrow.gif

rolleyes.gif

Here's the IPB version of the roll eyes smilie.

icon_rolleyes.gif

or

icon_eyes_roll.gif

I like these too

icon_blink.gif

icon_huh.gif

icon_minus1.gif

Here's the IPB version of the roll eyes smilie.

icon_rolleyes.gif

or

icon_eyes_roll.gif

I like these too

icon_blink.gif

icon_huh.gif

icon_minus1.gif

Most of those are great. I don't care too much for the "-1" smiley but I really like the others.

I think it would be super helpful if we were notified when:

1-someone replies to a topic you made

2-quotes you in a reply

3- maybe even the next 2 or 3 replies after yours

If someone answers a question I ask in a discussion, I think it would be super useful to be notified instead of having to check all the time.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this so maybe it's just a function I don't know of?