Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What would you like to add?

WakeGirl

OR, click the link on the up arrow and the word TOP at the bottom left of each post.

:lol::Doh: I have literally never seen (noticed) that before. :lol:

We both learned something then, I've never hit the home key. Biggrin.gif

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• areamike

• Pistol Pete

• NorCaliBu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OR, click the link on the up arrow and the word TOP at the bottom left of each post.

That's too funny. I have never noticed that before either.

One thing I would like to see if you ditch the homepage is integrate the rotating header image into the forums.

I wasn't ignoring this, I was mainly trying to give some thought as to how to accomplish it. We did try something like this at one point & it didn't go over too well, most felt that it took up too much room at the top of the page. And quite honestly, it would be easier to keep it simple if we do multiple skins - I would bet that given the choice, people would rather have a choice of skins than the rotating images in a header. I'll keep looking at possible examples though. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

I'm thinking this Thursday evening (Pacific time) for the upgrade. There's a good possibility that the Resources section could be down for a few days, since it will take some time to get everything moved over to the new content management system. The Links page could take longer, I'm playing with a new database system for that. And I have a nice surprise for the paid members that is done, but will take some time to get moved. ;)

One thing I would like to see if you ditch the homepage is integrate the rotating header image into the forums.

I wasn't ignoring this, I was mainly trying to give some thought as to how to accomplish it. We did try something like this at one point & it didn't go over too well, most felt that it took up too much room at the top of the page. And quite honestly, it would be easier to keep it simple if we do multiple skins - I would bet that given the choice, people would rather have a choice of skins than the rotating images in a header. I'll keep looking at possible examples though. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

I'm thinking this Thursday evening (Pacific time) for the upgrade. There's a good possibility that the Resources section could be down for a few days, since it will take some time to get everything moved over to the new content management system. The Links page could take longer, I'm playing with a new database system for that. And I have a nice surprise for the paid members that is done, but will take some time to get moved. ;)

Oh goody, a surprise. I love surprises!!!!!!!!!!!! Wine.gif

Is is possible to add a "View New Posts" link to the bottom of each page. Every time I finish reading a thread I have to take the long scroll back to the top of the page to get back to the new posts.

With the amount of time some of us spend here, this could potentially save the world thousands of lost work hours from wasteful scrolling... Whistling.gif

How about using Ctrl + Home?

Edited by Baddog

Two things I don't know Whistling.gif both faster than scrolling Thumbup.gif

Just keeping track of a few changes/additions:

CrewChiefs:

Disabled flood control

Unlimited albums & images in gallery

Supporters:

Upped the limit of gallery albums(5) & images per album (10)

Everyone:

Added ability to edit your own topic title

Set allowance on gallery to unlimited viewing per day

Still looking for the setting that would allow Chiefs to edit their Ranking.

One other thing that I discovered about the native search function is that if you're looking for a specific phrase, you can get around the character limitation by using quotes. So for example, when I was searching IP's forums for a solution for the Top Button, I searched using "top button" & it worked fine. May be useful for some. :)

Okay paid members, you have another skin choice. If you browse to the very bottom of the page, you'll see a new drop-down menu in the lower left corner right above the link group of links at the very bottom. Right now the default skin is the IP Board. The new one is called Cleancut. As I can, I'll get more added but it will be a while. I've got the entire resources section to get online & that's going to take some time.