Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What would you like to add?

WakeGirl

So, can I get a show of hands as to who uses the homepage? If you use it, what is on there that is important to you?

Same here,

I only look at the home page when I'm super-bored and want to see how many times my pics., or pics. of me, or people I know, or places I've been show up. It usually happens on every 3rd round.

edit, You could just call me Capt.-click-on-view-new-posts. That's about all I ever do.

Edited by Pistol Pete
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• areamike

• Pistol Pete

• NorCaliBu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always use the home page. I leave it up and hit refresh every now and then, and peek at any new posts or recent replies. And, the pics are great, it's cool to see your own boat every now and then, plus all the other watersports, boats, and scenery.

To be honest, I'm seriously thinking about ditching the home page. I can replicate almost everything on there on the new board index, with the possible exception of the gallery images (even that may be doable, I just haven't looked into it). The new board index has a great layout with possibilities that were much harder to implement with our current board version. So what I think that we'll do is get the new software installed & everything working correctly, then see how people like it.

Geeze Tracie,

How is it you have all this extra time on your hands these days?

Thanks for the hard work in keeping the site running and updating it. Cheers.gif

Geeze Tracie,

How is it you have all this extra time on your hands these days?

Thanks for the hard work in keeping the site running and updating it. Cheers.gif

At the moment I'm pretty much working whenever I'm awake, whether I'm at my day job or working on the site or whatever else comes up. It can be that way leading up to a site upgrade such as this. I've been plugging away on the test site & I'll begin to think that I'm getting close, then find something else that I need to test. There's a lot to do.

To be honest, I'm seriously thinking about ditching the home page...

I pretty much use the home page all the time for new and top posts. If/when it goes away not sweat, I'll just use what's available. :)

a feature whereby when you access threads you have already visited, you have the option of going directly to "new posts" (since you last read it) pertaining to that thread....as opposed to having to go to the beginning, or the "last" post.

We already have this. If you click on the little square box just to the left of the thread it will take you to the last one you read on that thread.

LOL! I learned something new today. Now I'm wondering how many other features I don't use because I don't know about it. Whistling.gif

Always willing to share that infinitesimal amount of actual knowledge that I may possess from time to time.

How about a chance to see the new posts from the previous time on line. Often I go for new posts but don't get through them all before the stupid computer locks up for some unknown reason, then I get back on and the only new ones are from the point in time when the computer crapped out.

Okay, I just confirmed that this is actually possible with the new board. There is a setting within the user cp that allows you to show content that you haven't read vs. what's new since your last visit. So that should do it for you. :)

I'm going to continue to update the list on the first post of this thread, just to make it easier to find.

That's excellent Tracie. Atta Girl, once again.

a feature whereby when you access threads you have already visited, you have the option of going directly to "new posts" (since you last read it) pertaining to that thread....as opposed to having to go to the beginning, or the "last" post.

We already have this. If you click on the little square box just to the left of the thread it will take you to the last one you read on that thread.

LOL! I learned something new today. Now I'm wondering how many other features I don't use because I don't know about it. Whistling.gif

Always willing to share that infinitesimal amount of actual knowledge that I may possess from time to time.

Do you walk around with a thesaurus?? Can't you just say small so that I don't have to think too hard about what you're meaning to say? :)

I'm not crazy about this talk of eliminating the homepage, what page will I add to my favorites to access......everything!!!

If you do it by state...CA will need two. Nor-Cal's don't fraternize with So Cal's. Tongue.gif

:lol:;)

michigan too, lower and up'ers (superior state) Whistling.gif

Ohio too, but, wait, we don't don't have two parts and we aren't that long. Maybe it could be set up to look at only big cities that start with a "C". Wait, that won't work either . . . . .

Do you walk around with a thesaurus?? Can't you just say small so that I don't have to think too hard about what you're meaning to say? :)

I'm not crazy about this talk of eliminating the homepage, what page will I add to my favorites to access......everything!!!

Believe it or not I actually have these words in my head and don't need the Thesaurus. I get busted on this point all the time from my genetic offspring and I just tell them I am trying to inculcate them properly. I get busted at work from time to time on the same topic and have to be a bit more politic on how I tell them to "keep up".

My secret is, I read a lot. Mostly fiction but when I find a new word, the meaning of which I have no clue, I will look it up. Constant self improvement is good, but I will admit I can be a PITA, all my friends (yes, both of them) tell me so.

I do view the home page and would miss it, but probably survive.

The problem is that most of the plugins for the home page have not yet been updated for the next version. However, there is a new feature on the board index that adds a sidebar that we can replicate a lot of those things within. It's collapsible so if you don't want it there you can put it out of view. So my proposal would be to try it for a while, & we can always add the home page back into the mix once everything is updated if you're still missing it at that point.

Believe it or not I actually have these words in my head and don't need the Thesaurus. I get busted on this point all the time from my genetic offspring and I just tell them I am trying to inculcate them properly. I get busted at work from time to time on the same topic and have to be a bit more politic on how I tell them to "keep up".

My secret is, I read a lot. Mostly fiction but when I find a new word, the meaning of which I have no clue, I will look it up. Constant self improvement is good, but I will admit I can be a PITA, all my friends (yes, both of them) tell me so.

ROFL.gif Do you sit under a shade tree and get lost in a world of make-believe? Reading is over-rated!! All good fiction was made into a movie and only takes about 2 hours!! Tease2.gif

ROFL.gif Do you sit under a shade tree and get lost in a world of make-believe? Reading is over-rated!! All good fiction was made into a movie and only takes about 2 hours!! Tease2.gif

Don't tell my wife, the Librarian that.

Could Crew Chiefs get more gallery space?

Could Crew Chiefs get to make they're own moniker? Like, instead of me being "Spam happy" could I be "Happily Spammed" or "TMC Class Clown" or "Dorkus Malorkus"?

Could Crew Chiefs get to make they're own moniker? Like, instead of me being "Spam happy" could I be "Happily Spammed" or "TMC Class Clown" or "Dorkus Malorkus"?

Ya, then I could be "Chasing Stewart"... :lol:

Could Crew Chiefs get more gallery space?

I think that we can work something out on both counts. I've been thinking about making some changes to the gallery limitations anyway.

Is is possible to add a "View New Posts" link to the bottom of each page. Every time I finish reading a thread I have to take the long scroll back to the top of the page to get back to the new posts.

With the amount of time some of us spend here, this could potentially save the world thousands of lost work hours from wasteful scrolling... Whistling.gif

Is is possible to add a "View New Posts" link to the bottom of each page. Every time I finish reading a thread I have to take the long scroll back to the top of the page to get back to the new posts.

:unsure: Just hit the Home key. :Doh:

:unsure: Just hit the Home key. :Doh:

Well I'll be, I never thought of that! Frustrated.gif

Edited by Boat Rocks