Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What would you like to add?

WakeGirl

how about a method to search a geographical area for members?

i know there is a mash-up that can show those who have signed up for that mash-up but a more comprehensive (perhaps optional via "My Assistant") view would be great.

if that geo-search could be narrowed by discipline (slalom/bf/dark-side/etc.) that would be swell, too.

In the advanced search under members, there is a field that allows you to search their location field. Obviously they would have had to fill that in, but if you were looking for a certain member that you knew was from Schenectady, that would work (if it was spelled correctly, that is. Or are you looking for regional searches, like maybe by state? As in trying to hook up with local members?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• areamike

• Pistol Pete

• NorCaliBu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[*]Auto-resize for attachments - Not sure yet how feasible this is.

Man,

I'm really surprised about this one. I would have figured it'd be the easiest thing to do but, I'm no computer guy.

And what about minimizing quotes. Notice I spared you guys on that one this time.

[*]Auto-resize for attachments - Not sure yet how feasible this is.

Man,

I'm really surprised about this one. I would have figured it'd be the easiest thing to do but, I'm no computer guy.

And what about minimizing quotes. Notice I spared you guys on that one this time.

Still working on finding a solution for the auto-resize, not saying that we don't have a solution at all.

Minimizing quotes is a native function of the new board. I've updated the first post to reflect that.

how about a method to search a geographical area for members?

i know there is a mash-up that can show those who have signed up for that mash-up but a more comprehensive (perhaps optional via "My Assistant") view would be great.

if that geo-search could be narrowed by discipline (slalom/bf/dark-side/etc.) that would be swell, too.

In the advanced search under members, there is a field that allows you to search their location field. Obviously they would have had to fill that in, but if you were looking for a certain member that you knew was from Schenectady, that would work (if it was spelled correctly, that is. Or are you looking for regional searches, like maybe by state? As in trying to hook up with local members?

yes, hook up with local members, regional searches, maybe by zips?

Edited by tvano

Hmmmm, zip codes would be one way. Another that I was thinking was just by state. I know that excludes the international members & I'm trying to think of a way around that one. Another thought that I'd had was to do it by region that would match the regional forums that were requested. By state would be the simplest though. So, while I'm not sure of what the best way would be to accomplish that, I think that we have some good options available to us.

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but how about State Chapters. We have one for every state on Ford Truck World and its fun when the different chapters put on events like Chapter "Get ToGethers" or GTG. I like it because it helps you contact people in your local area or state, with issue like..."who is a mod friendly dealer in the Houston area." Rather than posting that on the open general forum, you can post this in your local chapter forum.

Another great tool that we have on the Gulf Coast Wakeboarding Association site is area lake information. It basically gives you a map of different spots to put in around local lakes and rivers, but what would be even more beneficial would be not only spots to put in but areas on the lake to wakeboard, ski, etc. People on the forum could put in their preferred areas to ski, etc. and things to watch out for on the lake like stumps or uncovered sand bars due to low lake levels.

http://www.gcwa.com/onthewater.asp

Okay guys, check out the advanced search page. I've added a Google custom site search box as well as enabling Boolean searching within the stock site search function. Let me know how it works or if there are things about the Google site search that need some tweaking. Remember that while you get Boolean with the stock search function, the compromise is that you get a minimum of 4 characters to search with. But I think that this is a good workaround for everyone.

Okay guys, check out the advanced search page. I've added a Google custom site search box as well as enabling Boolean searching within the stock site search function. Let me know how it works or if there are things about the Google site search that need some tweaking. Remember that while you get Boolean with the stock search function, the compromise is that you get a minimum of 4 characters to search with. But I think that this is a good workaround for everyone.

Nice. I like it. When there is more than 1 page of results and you click "more" it takes you to a page that looks like google. I didn't like that so much, but will live with it for the search ability

Nice. I like it. When there is more than 1 page of results and you click "more" it takes you to a page that looks like google. I didn't like that so much, but will live with it for the search ability

It is a bit of a compromise. I'm still looking at ways to tweak that function, but I think that for now it will give people some of the best of both search functions.

Could you add:

Mark all posts as read

In the Classified subforum? I check post from top to bottom and this is where I end up.

PM me if you need clarification ... thanks - Jim

Could you add:

Mark all posts as read

In the Classified subforum? I check post from top to bottom and this is where I end up.

PM me if you need clarification ... thanks - Jim

When viewing the board index, you should be able to click the square box next to each forum (with the quotes inside of the box). That should mark all posts as read for you.

So, can I get a show of hands as to who uses the homepage? If you use it, what is on there that is important to you?

I look at Newest Posts and Newest Topics. Probably should use Today's Active Topics but I don't Whistling.gif

So, can I get a show of hands as to who uses the homepage? If you use it, what is on there that is important to you?

I look at Newest Posts and Newest Topics. Probably should use Today's Active Topics but I don't Whistling.gif

Plus1.gif

And viewing random pics when I'm really really really bored!! Oh, and to see how many posts Stewart has!!

Plus1.gif

And viewing random pics when I'm really really really bored!! Oh, and to see how many posts Stewart has!!

Plus1.gif

I also must be bored I will usually give a quick look at the pictures.

So, can I get a show of hands as to who uses the homepage?

I actually had to go look at the home page just to see what's on it. :Doh::lol: So I guess the answer would be "no, I don't use it". I didn't even realize the random images were there. :lol: When bored I go to the gallery page, the random images are there too. :)