Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 LXI WITH HAMMERHEAD-BEST PROP

eyepeeler

A friend just got an 07 LXI with HH and slaloms on a very short set up lake. Which prop do you think is optimal? Does anyone else have this situation?

what prop is on the boat now? has he tried the boat on the short set up lake?

He has tried it once on his lake. The boat came with a 13x12.5 OJ. He said that it worked OK. We were just wondering if there was a more ideal prop.

Edited by eyepeeler

I would contact Max at Skier-To-Skier to confirm but my guess would be that he would recommend an 13 x 11.5 OJ XMP Edge CNC'd 3-Blade. I have a 13 x 12 of that prop and a 11.5 would be even quicker. Just hold on tight on the pull-up. Shocking.gif:lol:

The Acme 13x12 would be a good place to start for slalom only, with a short setup. You may be able to stay with an Acme 13x11.5 and add cup, maybe .120" (a guess), but you'd have to test it out. Call Acme and give them the senario. Short setup, slalom only, rpms at WOT, and the responsive-ness out of the hole currently. With a HH you can prop down and spin the prop instead of grabbing the water and pushing you.

Peter

We have several LXI's running a variety of props at the slalom lake here. How short is your set-up? I have tried from a 10 1/2 to a 14. Of course the altitude here has an affect also. The HH will spin the prop (cavitate) if you give it to much throttle trying to pull up the big guys. That to me is more of an issue of the driver and the skier versus the prop. Once you get them up the acceleration to course speed is obviously quicker with less pitch. BTW We are all running 3 blades CNC'd props as they appear to be more efficent than a four blade stainless. Let us all know what you find works for you.