Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perko Switch with automatic charging relay

Awest

I finally got around to buying a Blue Sea automatic charging relay. Found the 7610 on ebay for $75. I already have a Perko switch which is the model that allows for Bat 1, Bat 2, or All to be selected. I happened to notice that there was a different switch by Perko for use with the relay that had an OFF, ON, or Combine function. I was just wondering if I need to buy that switch or if I can use the one I have.

Thanks

So when running the boat I just leave it on "All" so that they both charge? This doesn't defeat the purpose of the automatic relay does it? I was curious why the other switch had an ON, OFF and Combine mode. The wiring looks the same in both cases. Run bat A to term A and bat B to term B. Then the starter to the Com term. Then I plan on running the stere, amp and Ballast pumps directly to the term B side of the Perko switch. Negative ground on the relay to the negative term of one battery.

Just thinking this through here for the first time.

Thanks

Just spoke with Paul over at Bakes. It turns out you can not just add a Blue Sea 7610 relay to your system if you have an existing Perko dual battery switch. I have to use the Blue Sea 5511 e series switch. Wired differently through the switch. It is always great to have a source like Bake's to rely on.

Who or what is Bakes? I have a perko switch wiring question.

The Perko switch has one terminal for the Starter positive cable. What if I have a direct positive coming from the Starter, Altenator and Accesories? Do I attach all 3 of those positive cables to the same terminal on the perko switch?