Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pet Peeves

msuwaterski

Wow, I feel like I'm reading a thread on WakeWorld. Pretty new to the site since I just bought a BU and a little let down from some of the attitudes, perhaps the admins can create a poser section? Sure, I don't "need" a VLX , but hell, theoretically you only live once, so why not. Grew up skiing behind I/Os, bought a used Moomba DD right out of college when I was still slalom skiing, and eventually was able to afford a VLX. We surf also, so I guess a "lesser" v-drive would have been better for our skills.....

Guess there isn't any debating on how you guys feel about, oh well.

I got reminded of a pet peeve last night...peevish pets. Yes.gif More specifically...yippee rat dogs that won't shut the he!! up. Guns.gif It's cooling off at night so we can turn off the A/C and open the house up. Laying in bed last night ~10:00...yap, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap,...2 to 3 second break, yap, yap, yap, yap, yap,... Mad.gif ...until past midnight.

Think I'm gonna have to go have a talk with it's owner. Bash.gif And if things don't change that "dog" could meet an unfortuante end. Whistling.gif There are, after all, coyotes and mountain lions around here. Biggrin.gif

Pretty funny peeves in here! Just for arguments sake: What are the required tricks you must be able to pull to own a WS? I don't mind anyone having the best of anything no matter their ability. Posing is an attitude and not necessarily material, although yes, it can be both. I started working from a pretty young age and always buy the best MY money can afford. I use my gear wisely and generally have it for quite a while. Also working in a ski shop for 5 years tends to up requirement of nice gear! My issue is when there is no humble in them, as Bill stated, and they let you go on thinking that they will ride the sh*t out of that wake/wave/mt etc! Then you actually see them ride!

Oh yeah my pet peeve, people saying stuff on the internet that they wouldn't dare say person to person!

Pretty funny peeves in here! Just for arguments sake: What are the required tricks you must be able to pull to own a WS? I don't mind anyone having the best of anything no matter their ability. Posing is an attitude and not necessarily material, although yes, it can be both. I started working from a pretty young age and always buy the best MY money can afford. I use my gear wisely and generally have it for quite a while. Also working in a ski shop for 5 years tends to up requirement of nice gear! My issue is when there is no humble in them, as Bill stated, and they let you go on thinking that they will ride the sh*t out of that wake/wave/mt etc! Then you actually see them ride!

Oh yeah my pet peeve, people saying stuff on the internet that they wouldn't dare say person to person!

Rockon.gif

What really gets me is not the "posers" who have kickbutt 80K boats who are out as much as they can be every chance they get, at least they are trying to be as good as they say they are. It is the "Got to have everything" peeps that buy the 80K decked out boat, they usually have a couple of jetskies and probably even a toon. They have the nicest boats and the nicest property but you never see them on the water. They are usually the ones who entertain to impress others and couldn't pop a grape if they wanted too. At least posers have a goal and they want to be good. I am no poser, I know I suck at slalom and wakeboarding but I am out every night if I can be and I am trying like a mother to do tricks and learn to drive and maintain my boat and if I would've had the money to buy an 80k boat that b*tch would be on the water every night too. People that never pay for anything always suck.

Evin my comment about tubing is not truly against the tubbing but the drivers not paying attention and trying to decide how to navigate around the area.

and ya I don't understand wanting to drag tubes into glass and then making wakes to pull over. I love seeing happy faces on kids or old farts for that matter.

I am glad to see anyone invest in our boats. I don't care how you use it as long as I don't pay the bills

What really gets me is not the "posers" who have kickbutt 80K boats who are out as much as they can be every chance they get, at least they are trying to be as good as they say they are. It is the "Got to have everything" peeps that buy the 80K decked out boat, they usually have a couple of jetskies and probably even a toon. They have the nicest boats and the nicest property but you never see them on the water. They are usually the ones who entertain to impress others and couldn't pop a grape if they wanted too. At least posers have a goal and they want to be good. I am no poser, I know I suck at slalom and wakeboarding but I am out every night if I can be and I am trying like a mother to do tricks and learn to drive and maintain my boat and if I would've had the money to buy an 80k boat that b*tch would be on the water every night too. People that never pay for anything always suck.

Good point.

Another pet peeve (and probably my biggest) is the guy at the dock that just can't get the following through his thick skull: The order in which you pull your boat out of the water is determined by whose trailer is first NOT whose boat is parked in the ramp first! This one kills me!

luvtheBu.........you are as far from a poser as it gets. I am constantly inspired by your enthusiasm.

For the record, posers are not a peeve of mine. However, I do reserve the right to be amused by them. The neighbor's 4 lb dog that sits in my driveway on Sunday morning and yaps while my German Shepherds whip themselves into a frenzy and wake up everyone in the house is indeed a peeve.

luvtheBu.........you are as far from a poser as it gets. I am constantly inspired by your enthusiasm.

For the record, posers are not a peeve of mine. However, I do reserve the right to be amused by them. The neighbor's 4 lb dog that sits in my driveway on Sunday morning and yaps while my German Shepherds whip themselves into a frenzy and wake up everyone in the house is indeed a peeve.

Oh "Posers" are definetly amusing, my teens think they are the shiznet as well, I just laugh knowing that, that is the way they learn by one upping each other and that is the way they get their courage up. I'd never let them brag it up on a boat full of experts, but they are pretty quick learners.

Speaking of dogs, I hate whitetrash neighbors who own beautiful dogs and never pick up one dog turd or do anything with the poor pooches. Speaking of which, I will be calling again on Monday to report the smell. Vomit.gif

I dislike judgmental people who complain about what others have. Why do you care what their reason is for owning whatever it is they bought with their money? It's a classic case of p**** envy.......( Boat Envy ).

While not the same kind of p**** envy....( Boat Envy ) as that typically referred to in psychoanalysis, the phrase "p**** envy"...("Boat Envy") or "small p**** syndrome" ......( "Small Boat Syndrome" )[1] is also sometimes used to describe the envy of a male over another male's p****...( Boat ) Although this subconscious or conscious envy may solely be based on the idea that a larger p****.....( Boat ) is universally more satisfying and appealing to a sexual partner, other implications arise from the fact that a large p****....( Boat ) has been seen in many cultures as a symbol of high masculinity, dominance and power. While this whole matter has probably always been a part of human psychology, recent developments have made the issue slightly more public in the western world. The media attention given to p**** size.....( Boat Size ) and some women being vocal in their p**** size....( Boat Size ) preferences have led some men to state their envy of others with larger penises.....( Larger Boats ).

Not to worry their is a cure......Boat Envy

I dislike judgmental people who complain about what others have. Why do you care what their reason is for owning whatever it is they bought with their money? It's a classic case of p**** envy.......( Boat Envy ).

While not the same kind of p**** envy....( Boat Envy ) as that typically referred to in psychoanalysis, the phrase "p**** envy"...("Boat Envy") or "small p**** syndrome" ......( "Small Boat Syndrome" )[1] is also sometimes used to describe the envy of a male over another male's p****...( Boat ) Although this subconscious or conscious envy may solely be based on the idea that a larger p****.....( Boat ) is universally more satisfying and appealing to a sexual partner, other implications arise from the fact that a large p****....( Boat ) has been seen in many cultures as a symbol of high masculinity, dominance and power. While this whole matter has probably always been a part of human psychology, recent developments have made the issue slightly more public in the western world. The media attention given to p**** size.....( Boat Size ) and some women being vocal in their p**** size....( Boat Size ) preferences have led some men to state their envy of others with larger penises.....( Larger Boats ).

Not to worry their is a cure......Boat Envy

Made me laugh, thanks! Also, I love the profile pic.

I was always taught that the guy who has to buy the extra large truck/boat/gun/whatever that is the one trying to compensate for something. Biggrin.gif Great, now I'm going to have to take Psych101...... again! :Doh:

Either way, I thought of a new pet peeve: You're the next guy up in a long line at the supermarket. You've been waiting patiently for ten minutes. A new checker comes up and says, "I can help the next in line". The very last guy in line (that's been waiting for all of 20 seconds) runs to the the new checker's line and throws his stuff on the conveyor belt! It seems like they always turn around and act surprised that you're behind them and say, "oh, sorry I didn't see you there, did you want to go first?" Well not now that all your stuff is there, pinhead!

Edited by bs001

I can not stand the people that will say they can do all this tricks (inverts, etc..) and whatnot, then either never ride or come up with some excuse of why they couldn't even grab a w2w that set. I respect the guy or gal that knows they aren't great and will actually ask for advice opposed to the guy that knows he's not that great but acts like it and lies about their abilities! Especially on the Internet!

I also can't stand for people who are tryin to tell a rider how to land a trick that they themselves cannot do!

Regarding the "wakesetter/80k wakeboat that can't ride" issue. My pet peeved aren't they can't ride. It's if they are sittin at the beach propped up to their badass boat talking about all the stuff they can do knowing they can't do anything! The other side to this senerio is a guy that I met last year on our river. I keep my boat at my house in the lift in the boathouse but for some reason I had take. It out for a day or something and had to put it back in the water. At the ramp this guy and his son pull up in a brand new FINE 23 lsv decked out. The ramp is wide enough for two boats to launch at the same time so I back in and dropped my boat next to him, he was backed up just in front of the water and stopped. After I dropped my boat he actually asked me for advice on launching it bc he was he didn't want to mess anything up. I was more than happy to help him out! a few weeks Later we were at the beach filling up sacs and gettin ready, he pulled up next to us (nobody on the beach or the water whatsoever it was butter), he said they wanted to learn to wakeboard and asked for advice or if we could teach them how. He had a brand new ronix board and bindings, rope, handle, everything...got it bc that's what somebody told him to get. I gladly helped them out and we all ended up keeping my bu at the beach and jumped in with him to teach them how. After they went and both got up and were able to ride they let us take sets. We showed how to fill up ballast and all that (he agreed that to learn they didn't need it), and we got some sweet sets behind it and made new friends. That's what I like to see. A little humility by asking instead of lying.

Ps. We also taught him about driving and he is one of the ONLY newbies on the river that doesn't do power turns now!

Instead of "Poser" I am using "Trailor Trash"; here are just a few peeves:

Trailer trash that hate the more affluent just because they are not.

Trailer trash that think "Public" lake means they can do whatever the f*** they want and if you do not like it you can leave becasue its "Public".

Trailer trash that think that their sport of choice has precedence over someone else's.

Trailer trash that think we should all be riding on the biggest piece of sh* that will still float because we can still wakeboard behind it and be better than the next guy.

Trailer trash that hate on people with wakesetters because they are jealous and cannot afford one.

I was always taught that the guy who has to buy the extra large truck/boat/gun/whatever that is the one trying to compensate for something. Biggrin.gif Great, now I'm going to have to take Psych101...... again! :Doh:

Either way, I thought of a new pet peeve: You're the next guy up in a long line at the supermarket. You've been waiting patiently for ten minutes. A new checker comes up and says, "I can help the next in line". The very last guy in line (that's been waiting for all of 20 seconds) runs to the the new checker's line and throws his stuff on the conveyor belt! It seems like they always turn around and act surprised that you're behind them and say, "oh, sorry I didn't see you there, did you want to go first?" Well not now that all your stuff is there, pinhead!

Uhm, that may have been me but I think I said "you should have been quicker". Biggrin.gif Than I got in a big 'ol truck (with a gun rack) hauling a big 'ol boat and drove off. Innocent.gif

Edited by WakingMeHappy
BS001, skyskier, and Bill_AirJunky I have to say thank you for understanding my OP. That said, I fear for you guys. I took some serious heat for my OP to include some nasty PM's from our "friends" on this site. Apparently this topic really strikes a cord with some (Hmmm, I wonder why).

Wakechick3, deep down inside I am truly jealous of your beautiful boat, so two thumbs up Thumbup.gif for riding hard and having fun! After all that is what it is all about anyway.

Wow, I simply can not believe you got PMs over that! People this is just an internet forum, you should be embarrassed for even caring so much.

I understand the comments here but I also understand this:

You are a person that likes the performance, looks and comfort of a wakesetter and you make enough coin that dropping it on a boat is no big deal. For me, a wakesetter would mean my kids are not going to college........buying one would be stupid. For someone much better off financially........go for it.

I think some of this boils down to appreciation of the machine.....for example: I am a driver- I love the performance and handling of a good sports car. I am not a race car driver (any more) but I just love those cars...........so what is wrong with owning one? I am not a race car driver, I do not take it to the track but I can scare the hell out of my friend in his own TT and not even sweat it.

All I am saying is there is more to owning these boats than just riding, hope you guys can see that.

Hope you guys can see that for some people, dropping the coin on a wakesetter is LESS of a stretch than me dropping 30k on my own v-ride.

Edited by ruffdawg
I can not stand the people that will say they can do all this tricks (inverts, etc..) and whatnot, then either never ride or come up with some excuse of why they couldn't even grab a w2w that set. I respect the guy or gal that knows they aren't great and will actually ask for advice opposed to the guy that knows he's not that great but acts like it and lies about their abilities! Especially on the Internet!

I had this happen recently......... Whistling.gifWhistling.gifWhistling.gif Too funny.

As to the Wakesetter issue: I'm not hating on anyone. You are entitled to think my opinion is funny or disagree (and I'm not going to get all worked up if you do) and I am entitled to think that your opinion is funny and disagree (and hopefully you won't need to get personal). I think if you read through the thread, you will find that I can see the other side of the coin, I just don't happen to agree. No biggie. Ruffdawg, and others, make some great points on the topic. It's ok to disagree with someone's opinion (or part of someone's opinion) on a certain subject and still be friends. Some people really need to learn this concept.

New pet peeve: People who are really good riders and really good friends who ditch out on riding on a Sunday morning. :)

Got to change your grocery store to Kroger (in your area I think they are called Smith's). The rule is, if the line gets more than 2 deep add another checker NOW!

Edited by Baddog

I had this happen recently......... Whistling.gifWhistling.gifWhistling.gif Too funny.

As to the Wakesetter issue: I'm not hating on anyone. You are entitled to think my opinion is funny or disagree (and I'm not going to get all worked up if you do) and I am entitled to think that your opinion is funny and disagree (and hopefully you won't need to get personal). I think if you read through the thread, you will find that I can see the other side of the coin, I just don't happen to agree. No biggie. Ruffdawg, and others, make some great points on the topic. It's ok to disagree with someone's opinion (or part of someone's opinion) on a certain subject and still be friends. Some people really need to learn this concept.

New pet peeve: People who are really good riders and really good friends who ditch out on riding on a Sunday morning. :)

I think I know what your talking about. Biggrin.gif Yup this might be the first time I have disagreed with one of your posts just glad that I am the one who's right. Rockon.gif Hope you still let this poser ride on your boat.

My main point is that I get a kick out of driving the boat, just like I do wakeboarding. I like to feel the power. I like the handling. I like the comfort and size. I get a genuine thrill out of driving it. Please don't put me in a bayliner just because I can't w2w yet.

I thought it would be fun to start a thread about our boating Pet Peeves. We all have them, and I am sure some are pretty rediculous, so lets air them out and who knows, we may even learn something from this.

I'll start, but before doing so I want to let it be known that this is not meant to slam anyone. These are just the things that annoy us for no apparent reason.

1. People that put towers on IO's. Come on! You can put a ribbon on a pig but that does not make it pretty. Putting a tower on a Gayliner does not make it a good wakeboard boat, or even cool for that matter.

2. People in tricked out wakeboard boats that don't know how to wakeboard OR drive. I have no problem with someone buying one of these boats for the family because they are good family boats, but it's all the posers that drive me nuts. There should be a minimum requirement that you can go wake to wake both HS and TS at 70', and you know the rules of the water before you are allowed to buy one. Every Sunday afternoon this poser puts his X2 in at the public launch and in 15 minutes the whole lake is unusable. He has it tricked out with the decals on the hull, every board rack full, the lights, the stereo, the ballast, and a boat full of friends. The only thing he is missing is the ability to wakeboard and drive. No one on the boat can go wake to wake, most of the time they can not even get up, and when someone falls they make a nice large sweeping turn at about 15mph to go get their rider. Of course the whole time they are on the lake they are blaring inappropriate music at full volume.

Now before anyone gets on my case that this is one guy making everyone look bad, I can point out 100 different boats on 25 different lakes here in Detroit that fit this criteria.

The boat driver that no matter what he is towing it's always mash the throttle to get you out of the water. Even when you mention next time "hey a little less throttle this time" or "could you pull me up a little more gradually", it's still yank you out of the water and get to 30mph before slowing down to wakeboard speed. Cry.gif

I also can't stand for people who are tryin to tell a rider how to land a trick that they themselves cannot do!

Regarding the "wakesetter/80k wakeboat that can't ride" issue. My pet peeved aren't they can't ride. It's if they are sittin at the beach propped up to their badass boat talking about all the stuff they can do knowing they can't do anything! The other side to this senerio is a guy that I met last year on our river. I keep my boat at my house in the lift in the boathouse but for some reason I had take. It out for a day or something and had to put it back in the water. At the ramp this guy and his son pull up in a brand new FINE 23 lsv decked out. The ramp is wide enough for two boats to launch at the same time so I back in and dropped my boat next to him, he was backed up just in front of the water and stopped. After I dropped my boat he actually asked me for advice on launching it bc he was he didn't want to mess anything up. I was more than happy to help him out! a few weeks Later we were at the beach filling up sacs and gettin ready, he pulled up next to us (nobody on the beach or the water whatsoever it was butter), he said they wanted to learn to wakeboard and asked for advice or if we could teach them how. He had a brand new ronix board and bindings, rope, handle, everything...got it bc that's what somebody told him to get. I gladly helped them out and we all ended up keeping my bu at the beach and jumped in with him to teach them how. After they went and both got up and were able to ride they let us take sets. We showed how to fill up ballast and all that (he agreed that to learn they didn't need it), and we got some sweet sets behind it and made new friends. That's what I like to see. A little humility by asking instead of lying.

Ps. We also taught him about driving and he is one of the ONLY newbies on the river that doesn't do power turns now!

EXACTLY!!! I met a guy at the river with a 247, the first thing he said is that he just learned how to get up on a wakeboard and doesn't like to fill up the ballast all the way. He was asking for tips on riding and driving and it was really nice to see some humility. He is personable at the ramp and minds his manners on the water just like I try to do. It doesn't matter the boat, your attitude and personality determine what people think about you. If you are power turning your Coablt I am going to hate you as much as a guy pulling three tubers behind a WS through my smooth water. "Public" waterway is a loaded term, you still have to respect the people around you even though you don't know them. Also, if a ramp is wide enough for two trailers, DON'T PULL DOWN THE MIDDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No 1 Pet Peeve: People who won't observe rules of the road on the lake.

You riding down the lake with wakeboarder or what ever in tow and you meet someone coming straight at you in the wrong direction and you have to take evasive action to keep from hitting them.

I thought it would be fun to start a thread about our boating Pet Peeves. We all have them, and I am sure some are pretty rediculous, so lets air them out and who knows, we may even learn something from this.

I'll start, but before doing so I want to let it be known that this is not meant to slam anyone. These are just the things that annoy us for no apparent reason.

1. People that put towers on IO's. Come on! You can put a ribbon on a pig but that does not make it pretty. Putting a tower on a Gayliner does not make it a good wakeboard boat, or even cool for that matter.

2. People in tricked out wakeboard boats that don't know how to wakeboard OR drive. I have no problem with someone buying one of these boats for the family because they are good family boats, but it's all the posers that drive me nuts. There should be a minimum requirement that you can go wake to wake both HS and TS at 70', and you know the rules of the water before you are allowed to buy one. Every Sunday afternoon this poser puts his X2 in at the public launch and in 15 minutes the whole lake is unusable. He has it tricked out with the decals on the hull, every board rack full, the lights, the stereo, the ballast, and a boat full of friends. The only thing he is missing is the ability to wakeboard and drive. No one on the boat can go wake to wake, most of the time they can not even get up, and when someone falls they make a nice large sweeping turn at about 15mph to go get their rider. Of course the whole time they are on the lake they are blaring inappropriate music at full volume.

Now before anyone gets on my case that this is one guy making everyone look bad, I can point out 100 different boats on 25 different lakes here in Detroit that fit this criteria.

The boat driver that no matter what he is towing it's always mash the throttle to get you out of the water. Even when you mention next time "hey a little less throttle this time" or "could you pull me up a little more gradually", it's still yank you out of the water and get to 30mph before slowing down to wakeboard speed. Cry.gif

Do you get a chance to return the favor to this lunk head? Take advantage of it.

Here's the best way to get a rider up: Mash the throttle to W.O.T., then turn 90 degrees right as he is getting on top of the water. Fun entertainment for the whole family, right there.