Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pet Peeves

msuwaterski

That jackass in the I/O who drives through the quiet water right past you as you're putting on your ski/board when there isn't another boat on the entire lake.

People who tube until dark.

People who tube before 10 am.

People who tube anytime there's less than a 6" chop.

People who just ride in circles burning up gas and making waves (small lake, not on a chain, why go around 3-4 times?)

People who stop in the slalom course or right at one end when it's clear someone's using it and will be forced to violate the law if they continue to use it.

People who put towers on I/O's and jet boats.

PWCs of any nature.

Fishermen who will run WOT at 5:30 am to get to their favorite fishing spot that b**** and shake a fist about you making a wake at 7:30 am.

People at the ramp who don't do their part to curtail the spread of AIS.

People who put fertilizer on their lawns on property surrounding lakes.

-balloons
What? Nothing about clowns or Mimes?

Clowns play with balloons so yes, I hate them too.

Mimes are weird but I can deal with them.

What about Mimes clowning around with baloons? Biggrin.gif

All right!! Anything or anyone who has contact with a balloon, I don't like them during that particular time frame, that includes mimes, clowns, my son, my wife, my grandma, etc!!! I hate balloons!!!

I hate anyone who thinks they are better than anyone else! Who gives a crap what boat anyone has, what water sport they enjoy, what music they listen to, or anything else. As long as people use respect and common sense it will be a great day on the water for everyone. I just spent the last 2 weeks on a beautiful lke in BC and the most annoying p#$ck was a guy with a new 22ssv Supra. They all had skills but acted like douche bags on the dock and the lake.

By the way the ballon thing is hilarious!

Edited by trentj6930

I got another one, another thread reminded of this.

Couples who have more than 2 kids!! Replace yourself and that's it, there's all ready too many people in this world!! Exceptions: twins, triplets and so on, that's out of your control, people who can't have kids will balance this out!!

This is meant to be tongue-in-cheek...but... Whistling.gif

People that see that you are on a 90 sec rest between sets at the gym and jump on the piece of equipment you are on!!!! Blowup.gif

( its ok to ask if you can get in a set with a person, but at least ask)

Fake people!!! (everybody knows at least 1)

Edited by txwakejunkie

Couples who have more than 2 kids!! Replace yourself and that's it, there's all ready too many people in this world!! Exceptions: twins, triplets and so on, that's out of your control, people who can't have kids will balance this out!!

True but...never say never, I did and look where it got me. 2 more sons by marriage and EJ. I wouldn't trade any of the drama I have endured from adding his 2 to my 2 for making 1 more in return, don't know if that made sense but I don't have any regrets having another, kids are awesome.

People who are so engrossed and obsessed with their own activity (tubing, wakeboarding, skiing, barefooting, cruising, fishing, going fast, etc) that they assume it is the ONLY worthwhile endeavor on a lake - if you’re not doing their activity their way, you’re not using the lake the way it was meant to be used.

Not to sound like a crotchety old man, but boating is a privilege. Do whatever you want out on the water, as long as you do it respectfully, and are conscious of the fact that other boaters may not be there for the same reasons you are.

True but...never say never, I did and look where it got me. 2 more sons by marriage and EJ. I wouldn't trade any of the drama I have endured from adding his 2 to my 2 for making 1 more in return, don't know if that made sense but I don't have any regrets having another, kids are awesome.

You only had one more with your current husband, based on my formula you're ok :) But that's it Fingerwag.gif:)

People that see that you are on a 90 sec rest between sets at the gym and jump on the piece of equipment you are on!!!! Blowup.gif

I agree, however, I hope you're not floating around on several different peices of equipment at the same time and then get mad at someone who jumps on one of your 3 peices of equipment, I can't stand "that guy"

I agree, however, I hope you're not floating around on several different peices of equipment at the same time and then get mad at someone who jumps on one of your 3 peices of equipment, I can't stand "that guy"

Nope, im not that guy, if im super setting and some one jumps in then i will wait, in that case it is fair game. In this case i am working on this one piece of equipment and standing no more then 10 ft from it, wiping my face off and getting a drink, i turn around to see someone changing the weight and the chair settings. Mad.gif

I hate that too. I had to tell a Noob that it's not his private gym. And Rack Your Weights !!! I think two pieces of equipment MAX and you better be ON IT not efing off. My gym gets busy and I want to train and go have a beer after, I have a curfew I gotta GO, Yo B get out the way... :)

I hate the price of gas. I also hate being at work when it's 90 degrees out and no wind and then we don't sell a thing making it a totally wasted day, and to top it off I leave around 3pm to uncover and hook up boat so we can get out there quicker and then the weather turns ugly. That there is my biggest pet peeve.

I hate the price of gas. I also hate being at work when it's 90 degrees out and no wind and then we don't sell a thing making it a totally wasted day, and to top it off I leave around 3pm to uncover and hook up boat so we can get out there quicker and then the weather turns ugly. That there is my biggest pet peeve.

I/anyone in central texas, would be sooo grateful if you could send that rain down here! We've been stuck between a high and low for too long.

Oh my, a little rain cloud is coming into view Yahoo.gif . gotta check the radar and see if it will drop some on my yard.

I/anyone in central texas, would be sooo grateful if you could send that rain down here! We've been stuck between a high and low for too long.

Oh my, a little rain cloud is coming into view Yahoo.gif . gotta check the radar and see if it will drop some on my yard.

I'd like LT to fill up just as much as the next person but not on my labor day visit to austin :)

Soooo . . . . . the octomom would be on your hate list ///

Isn't she on everyones hate list???

Isn't she on everyones hate list???

No, not the hate list. She’s on the “what a stupid broad and who really gives a crap about her list”.

And then there’s also the woman who tried to auction off her unborn baby’s name on eBay. She was actually going to give uncontested naming rights to the highest bidder. Yes, this actually happened. I think if I had bid and won I would have named the kid “My Mom’s A Pin Head”. Frustrated.gif

Yes but not because she had octuplets, see my exceptions, but because she's getting rich off of them!!! Ist it me or does she look Angelina Jolie on crack??

Yes but not because she had octuplets, see my exceptions, but because she's getting rich off of them!!! Ist it me or does she look Angelina Jolie on crack??

Now why do you have to go ahead and insult Angelina? Remember, she at least has a job and a hubby with a job.

I'm with the previous people who said that their pet peeve is the guy who has a Wakesetter (or Xstar) that can barely ride.

I don't begrudge anyone with a nice boat. I'm not sure the OP does either, but I don't want to speak for him. What I would say is, it IS one of my biggest pet peeves to see a guy with a Wakesetter (or Xstar or whatever) who can barely ride . I'm not afraid to admit it and I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm sure a part of the reason it irks me is pure jealousy, I'll admit to that. The larger part, however, is the notion that everyone has to have the best boat/gear/golf clubs/motorcycle/vehicle/etc that money can buy these days, no matter what their experience in the particular field. It's called 'keeping up with the Jones' ' and I find it hilarious! Why does a guy who can't hit a golf ball to save his life, but loves to golf, (i.e. ME) need the best Taylor Made clubs that are sold? Why does a guy who just got into motorcycle riding (i.e. ME) need the best Harley Davidson that money can buy? The answer is they don't. (that's why I bought a sensibly priced, used Honda and a $200 set of golf clubs) I don't need a Harley to learn how to ride a motorcycle and I wouldn't struggle learning to ride on a lesser bike. The 21' Reinell I/O I learned to wakeboard behind is all the wake I could handle for quite a while and it was a really nice boat. I would be willing to bet that every single pro wakeboarder out there learned their trade behind an I/O (or an entry level inboard) before stepping up to a more expensive boat. If you want a comfortable, reliable, performance boat for the family and you are trying to learn to ride, there are plenty out there that are cheaper than a WS. (sunscape?, vride?, etc) I think admitting to the fact that you don't need the best-of-the best is being humble. I think buying something that fits your ability and needs shows restraint and tact.

Let me restate this just to be clear: I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do with their money. I'm not saying that you have to be a pro wakeboarder to buy an WS. I'm not saying I dislike people who buy these things. What I am saying is: I find it hilarious when someone has to buy the best bike/boat/whatever money can buy, but has no idea how to use it for what it was designed for. To me, that's the definition of a poser. It's not wrong, it's just funny. There are a million analogies that might 'hit-home' with those that don't get this concept, here's just a few.

-The guy who sits next to you at work who can barely log on to the internet but has to buy the most expensive computer money can buy so he can send emails.

-The guy at the gym who shows up once a week just to get some 'face time' with the ladies who is wearing every single mechanical brace known to man.

-The neighbor who buys a 1ton Chevy Duramax, longbed, tow package and the works.......who actually hauls something once a year.

I know I'm getting long-winded here, but I am just trying to explain the concept without people judging me (and others) for my opinion on the matter.

I'd be willing to bet if your best friend (who can't wakeboard AND who you take out on your boat daily) showed up with a 2010 Wakesetter tomorrow; You'd laugh when nobody was looking. You'd be happy for them........but you would have to laugh. I, personally, would be embarrassed to ride up to my friends house (that taught me to ride) on a Harley nicer than his. Just my 769 cents on the matter :)

Agreed, you definitely have the "keepin' up" crowd..........but there is also the group who think if they have the latest and greatest they will excel at their sport. Probably some truth to that, but as stated earlier "It ain't the bike", and it ain't the wake either.

Sorry to all you who don't like peeps who can't ride as good as thier boat, but I disagree.

It's a matter of what you personally can afford and having fun. I shopped for a year before deciding on the Malibu, I did want a wakeboard boat, but I also wanted a boat that was bigger than my Cobalt because my family was growing.

I am not the best wakeboarder, hec I am still trying to go w2w, but that doesnt mean I am not having fun trying (even if it has been for years). I don't think anyone should judge someone as a poser based on thier behind the boat skills. The whole point of being out on the water is to have fun!

If my usual crew pulled up to my house with a new wakeboard boat, I would be excited for them and take them up on all the times they have ridden with me- it's always nice to go out on someone else's boat too.

I have to agree with BS. I guess I can understand buying what you can afford to have fun.... to a point. There is little or no reason why someone who can't jump w2w needs a $70k wake boat with 1250 lbs of ballast. Their posers, pure & simple.

Most of the people who come out & ride with me tell me that we don't need to fill the tanks & burn 11 gph of gas for them to have fun. That, I can appreciate. And learning to jump w2w on a smaller wake is much more achievable. A big pet peeve of mine is the guy who comes out, never says can't ride worth a dam, asks for the tanks full, then crashes on every jump. And then to make it worse, never pays for any gas!

I can accept it if the guy has any humble in him. But it seems like it always comes full of excuses.

BS001, skyskier, and Bill_AirJunky I have to say thank you for understanding my OP. That said, I fear for you guys. I took some serious heat for my OP to include some nasty PM's from our "friends" on this site. Apparently this topic really strikes a cord with some (Hmmm, I wonder why).

Wakechick3, deep down inside I am truly jealous of your beautiful boat, so two thumbs up Thumbup.gif for riding hard and having fun! After all that is what it is all about anyway.

Hey, I was talking about one crew, one time. These guys had the language, the hand gestures, the music, the gear, and the boat...........and couldn't pop a grape. They took themselves so seriously it was funny. That was my point. It was far more than the boat. Again, you had to be there.