Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pet Peeves

msuwaterski

Drivers who power up pulling a "rider" right as you are about to pass them... Guns.gif.

That really pisses me off when I am towing and someone goes to pass "unless they give me a wide berth", we all talk about keeping the water smooth but you want to pass someone boarding? Sorry, I do not get it.

Edited by Sandbagger
Drivers who power up pulling a "rider" right as you are about to pass them... Guns.gif.
That really pisses me off when I am towing and someone goes to pass "unless they give me a wide berth", we all talk about keeping the water smooth but you want to pass someone boarding? Sorry, I do not get it.

:unsure: I meant as I drive past a boat that is stopped and right before I go past, the driver guns it to stay in front of me. That's what is meant by "power up"... the boat is not under power and then suddenly is. You need ... to take a chill pill. Yes.gif:lol:

But since you brought it up...exactly what do you expect a skier running 34-36 mph to do when you're out wakeboarding at 16-22 mph? Reduce speed and stay behind you? No.gif Ain't gonna happen. Obviously I'll give as wide a berth as prudent to lake conditions but I will be passing unless it is unsafe to do so.

Quote by msuwaterski:

"I am not envyous of the Wakesetter owner. In fact, my next wakeboarding boat will be a Malibu flightcraft barefoot boat. The video link I have provided of a young Scott Byerly will show you why I want that boat, because clearly it is the boat that makes him so good."

END QUOTE.

We have all seen that video hundreds of times, he is probably one of the best, u will never be that good no matter what boat u ride behind so get over it. Thats what I am taliking about when I say "POSER". U want to be that good but aren't and probably never will be.

Edited by Sandbagger

:unsure: I meant as I drive past a boat that is stopped and right before I go past, the driver guns it to stay in front of me. That's what is meant by "power up"... the boat is not under power and then suddenly is. You need ... to take a chill pill. Yes.gif:lol:

But since you brought it up...exactly what do you expect a skier running 34-36 mph to do when you're out wakeboarding at 16-22 mph? Reduce speed and stay behind you? No.gif Ain't gonna happen. Obviously I'll give as wide a berth as prudent to lake conditions but I will be passing unless it is unsafe to do so.

U all talk about smooth water yet you want to pass someone with a border whether in the water or riding, I just do not understand, maybe wait a minute and think how you want them to treat you in that same situation. Like I said this is a stupid thread, chill yourself. Of course if you are towing a rider I completely understand passing.

Edited by Sandbagger

Man, this thread is getting a little heated. So getting it back to a lighter note………….

How about the neighbor kid you brought along and he wipes a bugger on your vinyl!

Man, this thread is getting a little heated. So getting it back to a lighter note………….

How about the neighbor kid you brought along and he wipes a bugger on your vinyl!

LOL. break out the paddle and 303!

Not a peeve, but hilarious......................I watched 3 guys in a brand new blinged out Wakesetter try to get up on a wakeboard. After numerous attempts, not one of them could go 2 feet. Not even close. However, they did a fine job of chopping up the only smooth water in sight with their power turns. Just when I thought the worst was over, they switched to surfing. Not one of them tossed the rope. Apparently you need some skills to go with the Billabong shorts and Nike shades. It's hard to be humble in the presence of posers.

That post^^^^^ was meant to be tounge in cheek. I don't begrudge those guys their sweet boat. It was the attitude coupled with zero skills that made the scene so funny. You really had to be there. The best wakeboarder I know ( he is in two videos) learned to ride behind an old I/O. Then he moved all the way up to an old Ski Brendella with a tower. He learned his inverts behind that boat with almost no wake at all!

Music has been on my list of pet peeves this summer in particular. I guess my peeves are:

1. Loud inappropriate music. I don't want to hear it and neither do my kids. I think it's just rude. Mad.gif

2. When trying to sleep while camping out on the lake.... Loud music in the middle of the night. Lazy.gif

3. I know I won't be popular for saying it, Tomato.gif but in general, I'm not a big fan of huge stereos with speakers on the towers so that the entire lake can hear.

I just don't understand threads about gas mileage in a boat or tow rig... Ya did not buy either for economy did ya? :unsure:

(NO offense to any and all that have started or commented on them)

I just don't understand threads about gas mileage in a boat or tow rig... Ya did not buy either for economy did ya? :unsure:

(NO offense to any and all that have started or commented on them)

So true. If you worried about mileage, you should have taken up biking, my new hobby. Biggrin.gif

This thread is stupid, I think there are posers posting, its amaxing how ones wakeboarding abilities increase when there is no way anyone can disprove your abilities. Face it, none of us are pro boarders (at least not to my knowledge) we are just trying to have a good time. I think when you have an F3 there is some envy of the guy with the wakesetter (that cannot wakeboard as good as you); my comment, get over it, someday maybe you can get a wakesetter of your own.

+1

Guess I need to sell the VLX since my trick repertoire consists of hs w2w tindy, rarely landed hs w2w 180s, and a painful looking TS jump......all of which I could do behind a "gayliner" with a tower instead of being a poser.

martinarcher
This thread is stupid, I think there are posers posting, its amaxing how ones wakeboarding abilities increase when there is no way anyone can disprove your abilities. Face it, none of us are pro boarders (at least not to my knowledge) we are just trying to have a good time. I think when you have an F3 there is some envy of the guy with the wakesetter (that cannot wakeboard as good as you); my comment, get over it, someday maybe you can get a wakesetter of your own.

+1

Guess I need to sell the VLX since my trick repertoire consists of hs w2w tindy, rarely landed hs w2w 180s, and a painful looking TS jump......all of which I could do behind a "gayliner" with a tower instead of being a poser.

I'm right there with you. Thumbup.gif We have decked out the boat with a tower, new boards, accurate lines, and wetsounds. If I'm going to spend the next couple years getting good at wakeboarding I'm going to outfit the boat with the right gear, not shoot myself in the foot and struggle with the wrong gear for the job.

Like someone said - even the pros started somewhere. They certainly weren't pros overnight. Dontknow.gif

Yes that was a stupid comment but this is a good topic that we need get back on track!!

Boating related:

-jetski's

-jetski's that think they don't make a wake by the sandbar

-jetski's that jump your wake and are too close

-boats that are too big for the size of water they're on

-guys yelling at wife/gf at the ramp

Nonboating related:

-leaving cook time on the microwave

-the mail lady driving in my yard to deliver neighbors mail

-balloons

Yes that was a stupid comment but this is a good topic that we need get back on track!!

Boating related:

-jetski's

Nonboating related:

-balloons

What? Nothing about clowns or Mimes?

Well I guess I may be on your pet peeve list (some of you).

I bought a malibu, not because i am a professional wake boarder, but because its a great family boat. Far more than any other boat I've owned.

I like wakeboarding along with my passengers but we are beginners. I'm working on wake to wake but it may take a couple seasons to get pretty good.

I take people sometimes who never tried wakeboarding but would love to try. So here we sit, a new wake setter, and the person can't get up.

We're also learning how to wakesurf without a rope.

Also, the kids love to tube so we do that for them often.

So I guess my pet peeve is the seasoned wakeboarders complaining about people who don't take it all that serious and just want to have fun with friends and family.

oh, and self tanner !

People that aren't as carfeul as I am when on the boat and then tell me to chill out when I direct their behavior to what is acceptable, usually followed up with the evil eye and then a rough fast ride on the tube if they are lucky enough to have actually talked me into taking one of those gas suckers along. Whistling.gif

Boating related:

-jetski's

Nonboating related:

-balloons

Clowns play with balloons so yes, I hate them too.

Mimes are weird but I can deal with them.

People that aren't as carfeul as I am when on the boat and then tell me to chill out when I direct their behavior to what is acceptable, usually followed up with the evil eye and then a rough fast ride on the tube if they are lucky enough to have actually talked me into taking one of those gas suckers along. Whistling.gif

Don't do it! Remember the words of the immortal Nancy Reagan: "Just say NO!"

-balloons

Clowns play with balloons so yes, I hate them too.

Mimes are weird but I can deal with them.

What about Mimes clowning around with baloons? Biggrin.gif
It is not a tower on a IO, it is a roll bar.

Doesn't make me mad, but I think it is crazy. In Havasu where I boat guys spend 300K to 500K on a Big Ol Boat (b.o.b.) that can go super fast, but only seat 4 people.

Then the same people all they do is sit in the channel all day long in their B.O.B. with their big ol bellies and cool little pig tail pony tails. With super cool (ahem) tattoo's. Go straight from the dock to the channel, maybe a 10 minute ride.

Then look down on me and my non-custom boat, that was 300% less $ and hold 300% more people.

My neighbor in Havasu has a 500K boat and spends $1000.00 per month on just insurance! And my boat which is way funnier and can do so much more, and hold 12 people comfortable with a ton of gear is $600.00 a year for insurance.

1. People that put towers on IO's. Come on! You can put a ribbon on a pig but that does not make it pretty. Putting a tower on a Gayliner does not make it a good wakeboard boat, or even cool for that matter.

Why is your boat funnier? Tease2.gif Just kidding--I know what you meant. But I did see a Bu with a clown the other day--I think he fell off the 32 foot Baja I saw earlier the same day.

1. People who tell me to turn my radio down, or what music to play, If you don't like it GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!! Its a public lake!

2. And the people who say "that must be Daddy's boat" bc their jealous they can't afford one!! So effin irratating!!!!!!!!!!

3. People saying I can't park here or there like they own the spot, Trust me I think I care more about my boat getting hit also

4. People who make wake at the ramps where our docks are

5. People who always have to ride by and F up the water when your wakeboarding

I thought it would be fun to start a thread about our boating Pet Peeves. We all have them, and I am sure some are pretty rediculous, so lets air them out and who knows, we may even learn something from this.

I'll start, but before doing so I want to let it be known that this is not meant to slam anyone. These are just the things that annoy us for no apparent reason.

1. People that put towers on IO's. Come on! You can put a ribbon on a pig but that does not make it pretty. Putting a tower on a Gayliner does not make it a good wakeboard boat, or even cool for that matter.

2. People in tricked out wakeboard boats that don't know how to wakeboard OR drive. I have no problem with someone buying one of these boats for the family because they are good family boats, but it's all the posers that drive me nuts. There should be a minimum requirement that you can go wake to wake both HS and TS at 70', and you know the rules of the water before you are allowed to buy one. Every Sunday afternoon this poser puts his X2 in at the public launch and in 15 minutes the whole lake is unusable. He has it tricked out with the decals on the hull, every board rack full, the lights, the stereo, the ballast, and a boat full of friends. The only thing he is missing is the ability to wakeboard and drive. No one on the boat can go wake to wake, most of the time they can not even get up, and when someone falls they make a nice large sweeping turn at about 15mph to go get their rider. Of course the whole time they are on the lake they are blaring inappropriate music at full volume.

Now before anyone gets on my case that this is one guy making everyone look bad, I can point out 100 different boats on 25 different lakes here in Detroit that fit this criteria.

Well F me for owning a wakesetter and not reaching pro status immediately. It may come as a surprise to somebody as talented as yourself, (you are a pro right?) that I did not buy a wakesetter strictly for the wake. It really had a lot more to do with the fact that it is a finely tuned fun machine that my friends and I have enjoyed for 2-300+ hours this summer boarding, surfing, tubing, partying or just chillin on the beach.

Why judge somebody who is out to have a good time because of their ability to perform tricks?

While I agree with some of these peeves there is still one more not mentioned.

1. NON HELPFUL PEOPLE

Whether it is in the boat when we are trying to get someone ready to ski or surf or at the dock I expect people in the right position to help to do so. This goes for helping other boats on and off the water as well.

If someone has there engine hatch open for 15 minutes and their dead in the water go help. It doesn't matter if it is a Bayliner or a Walleye boat.

If someone is having trouble backing a trailer down a ramp I try to teach them how (knowing very well that I had trouble the first time too) and exercise the kind of patience that I would want practiced when my children learn. If you see some idiot teak surfing their 10 year old as I did yesterday please go talk to them.

I try to teach my kids that if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem.

Oh, and one more:

2. People texting, twittering, facebooking or wasting their time on social networking sites while on a boat for a beautiful day of skiing or boarding.

If you want to play on a computer stay home.