Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pet Peeves

msuwaterski

"Cops cirlcing overhead in the helicopter" ? Alrighty.

I essentlially (sp, ha) have an all girl crew. Some of them have boyfriends. Said boyfriends would call constantly while we were on the boat. And some of them have learned that if they show up late, they get out of the pre-fun work that needs to be done.

So, after we've been out for about 20 minutes, one of them will call, " I'm at the dock, come pick me up". I put up with that once or twice, then the prime rule. Only my cell phone on the boat. Sometimes, I'll covertly shut it off ! Serenity now ! ha,

Steve B.

Yes, the police fly around overhead in their chopper then the rubber boat comes flying around the corner for the "safety check" (it's really an alcohol check} They especially like the red Corvette boat, I always get stopped first. :whistle:

Yes, the police fly around overhead in their chopper then the rubber boat comes flying around the corner for the "safety check" (it's really an alcohol check} They especially like the red Corvette boat, I always get stopped first. :whistle:

Thank god our podunk police department can't afford helicopters lol.

The marine patrol does it around here in an airplane, one of them has a camp two down from us and luckily very seldom bothers us, most of them around here are very nice about stuff and we realize they are just doing the job they are paid to do. It is cool seeing the plane land and come in to the beach to pick him up.

PS. I love that boat.

The marine patrol does it around here in an airplane, one of them has a camp two down from us and luckily very seldom bothers us, most of them around here are very nice about stuff and we realize they are just doing the job they are paid to do. It is cool seeing the plane land and come in to the beach to pick him up.

PS. I love that boat.

I think they should be watching for drinking, and other infractions, but if we're not doing anything wrong shouldn't we have the right to be left alone? Sometimes I feel like it's East Berlin and there's a checkpoint to see my papers every time I go out on the boat. Next, big brother will be coming around our homes for a safety check, for our own safety of course.

That one right there. You simply can't get any ruder.

This individual has also showed up a few days later after a party at our home to retrieve her one Smirnov cooler from the 4-pack she brought. :rofl:

I think they should be watching for drinking, and other infractions, but if we're not doing anything wrong shouldn't we have the right to be left alone? Sometimes I feel like it's East Berlin and there's a checkpoint to see my papers every time I go out on the boat. Next, big brother will be coming around our homes for a safety check, for our own safety of course.

I know the feeling, but you gotta expect it a little. And, it may be that the cop really just wants to check out the cool looking boat.

Back in the day....I used to do some customizing with cars and snowmobiles. I had a buddy tell me once "Dude, everything about you screams "PULL ME OVER". And we are gonna get pulled over with you."

I had my family and wife's parents in our prior boat a few years ago (Four Winns I/O), idling around the lake. Beer in hand. I drive by the DNR who is on his boat waiting for the ramp so he can get off the lake. I wave at him. He looks at me dumbfounded. My wife shortly after says "Um, I think he's following us. Yep, we're getting pulled over." I came off the throttle, he gets along side and says "Did you know your registration is expired?" Doh! It was literally sitting on the kitchen counter. I pointed to my house, asked him to follow me over, do the inspection, etc. He responded "It's OK, I believe you, just make sure you put it on after your boat ride". No inspection, nothing. Had that been your boat, I'm guessing different story. I still made a beeline to the house, grabbed the registration, and beelined back to him where he witnessed me putting it on the bow. He was laughing like "Hey, it's OK, really".

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as pointing a finger. Just meant that the ones around here will ticket someone for not wearing a life jacket, check the age of (our) kids when they are on the waverunners, and stuff like that, that some people get pissy about. I realize our kids are young and have been ridding before when they were not of age, so their bound to get age checked, and its the law to wear a PDF, if you get a ticket for it its not the officers fault like some people think. I have actually had an incident with one of the kids getting stopped on the waverunner while underage and the officer was very good about it, the law is 16 years old for a wave runner and 12 for a boat, my girlfriends son was 15 and headed to the boat launch waiting to help me put the boat in, and the officer just happen to be at the ramp. He wanted me to drive the wave runner and the kid drive the boat back across the pond, after talking with him for a few minutes and the officer seeing our kid wasn't comfortable driving the boat by himself he allowed him to drive the waverunner back beside me, and just made us aware of the law (which he too didn't agree with) and if he saw him on it again he would have to give him a ticket, I realize he was just doing his job and didn't get all bent out of shape (I did tell him how I felt about the law and that the kids have been taught how to drive the boat and waverunner responsible) but did it calmly and in a civil manner not disrespecting him (especially with the our own kid there watching) If I had gotten a ticket I would have been a little upset, but I knew the law and knew what we were doing for years, was breaking it and would have accepted it as the officer just doing what he has to do. I also take the registration numbers off the waverunners and boat often to buff them, and it seems every year one of the officers has to tell me to get stickers on something before I get them back on one of them, one of them now jokes about it asking me (is there ever going to be a year we don't have to remind you about stickers) We are just lucky to have a few good officers around here. We do have one ticket happy one that we just try not to give a reason to stop us, he doesn't come around our area much.

I was just replying to your post because of the heli/airplane similarity and too lazy to find the original post on it.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as pointing a finger. Just meant that the ones around here will ticket someone for not wearing a life jacket, check the age of (our) kids when they are on the waverunners, and stuff like that, that some people get pissy about. I realize our kids are young and have been ridding before when they were not of age, so their bound to get age checked, and its the law to wear a PDF, if you get a ticket for it its not the officers fault like some people think. I have actually had an incident with one of the kids getting stopped on the waverunner while underage and the officer was very good about it, the law is 16 years old for a wave runner and 12 for a boat, my girlfriends son was 15 and headed to the boat launch waiting to help me put the boat in, and the officer just happen to be at the ramp. He wanted me to drive the wave runner and the kid drive the boat back across the pond, after talking with him for a few minutes and the officer seeing our kid wasn't comfortable driving the boat by himself he allowed him to drive the waverunner back beside me, and just made us aware of the law (which he too didn't agree with) and if he saw him on it again he would have to give him a ticket, I realize he was just doing his job and didn't get all bent out of shape (I did tell him how I felt about the law and that the kids have been taught how to drive the boat and waverunner responsible) but did it calmly and in a civil manner not disrespecting him (especially with the our own kid there watching) If I had gotten a ticket I would have been a little upset, but I knew the law and knew what we were doing for years, was breaking it and would have accepted it as the officer just doing what he has to do. I also take the registration numbers off the waverunners and boat often to buff them, and it seems every year one of the officers has to tell me to get stickers on something before I get them back on one of them, one of them now jokes about it asking me (is there ever going to be a year we don't have to remind you about stickers) We are just lucky to have a few good officers around here. We do have one ticket happy one that we just try not to give a reason to stop us, he doesn't come around our area much.

I was just replying to your post because of the heli/airplane similarity and too lazy to find the original post on it.

No need for an apology :thumbup:

That's one of the funniest things I've read on here in a while :rofl::thumbup:

My newest pet peeve: anyone with a drivers license in Tennessee :whistle:

And I'm gonna/going to cyber smack the next prude who makes a comment like "my pet peeve is people who complain about insignificant things on a forum".

With your cyber purse? :rofl:

Guys who pull out their boats at the launch, and instead of getting out of the way so some one else can use the launch, stop and do stuff they could do in a parking stall. :crazy:

Edited by BFrank

Lets see ...

-People who give me attitude when i ask then to take their shoes off before boating.

-People who give me attitude when they want to bring colored drinks (red wine) on the boat.

-Tubers who randomly zig zag across the lake.

Spotters who don't spot ... too busy doing something else.

This distracts me when I'm riding. Talk all you want but your friggen eyes belong on me at all times. Nothing like setting up for a tantrum checking to make sure your spotter isn't being dumb, finding out they aren't watching you, drift back towards the wake, wait for them to quit f***ing off, then finally do your trick.

BUGS me.

Agreed they suck!! Are you from Wisconsin?

Zebra mussels have invaded so wisco and some lakes up north. I am a cheese head so I am from wherever the Pack is playing but I could be from Minn as well as UP and IL. Do you eat at Mader's? BTW Bears stuff is another on the list.