Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

x30 or 23lsv build quality help!

up-kilt

I know this is the lions den ,for asking which is better x30 or 23lsv please don't bite my head off. Im on the fence between both I like the malibu looks and ride is good also maliview is way cooler, X30 rides differant but good too. After speaking with both dealers MC and Bu they were both proud of there products and said the other was also good but MC dealer stressed the construction of BU was less advanced specific to hull construction can anyone shed a little light.

Also BU prices won't budge much but MC is about 8k cheaper equally equiped

thanks

I know this is the lions den ,for asking which is better x30 or 23lsv please don't bite my head off. Im on the fence between both I like the malibu looks and ride is good also maliview is way cooler, X30 rides differant but good too. After speaking with both dealers MC and Bu they were both proud of there products and said the other was also good but MC dealer stressed the construction of BU was less advanced specific to hull construction can anyone shed a little light.

thanks

If all else is relatively equal for you, go with the dealer that gives you the best vibe. I'll tell you that the hull construction hasn't led to the demise of either boat! Sorry, I know you're looking for more specifics on the construction, but neither hull is going to break. I'm surprised at the price difference.

The MC X30 is a decent boat, but IMO it is on an outdated hull. The other thing I don't like is that the lack of tracking fins. The 23 LSV will run circles around the X30 with the Malibu Gorilla Fins.

As for build, they are most likely built the same. What does the MC dealer say Malibu is doing wrong? I have never heard of anyon on this forum having an issue with there hull. Malibu offers a Limited Lifetime Hull Warranty in addition to a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty and 3 year warranty on the engine standard on every boat. What is MC's warranty?

Personally, if I was looking at an MC right now I would look at the x15.

Hope this helps.

Having started riding on a Maristar 230 many years ago and moving to the x-30 a few years later, I will tell you that I had many issues with my MasterCraft. Blew a motor in one (MC warantied it but it never ran the same) and the X-30 was a good boat but the zero-flex tower started cracking the fiberglass pretty bad the second season. MC's corporate offices in Tennessee more or less told us to F-off.

We unloaded the X-30 at the end of the 05 season and purchased an 06 Wakesetter 247. I love my Malibu. It's a much bigger boat and will literally turn circles around and MC v-drive on the water, love the quieter and more stylish Illusion tower, and the overall construction of the boat is, at the very least, equal to the MC. A better power plant (383 hammerhead), better customer service, and warranty in the 'Bu! spend the extra $$$ and get a real boat. No dealer's gonna let a big sale walk out so go play hard ball! Good Luck!

I know its only 1 review but:

Reviewer: Gene Nieri Overall Rating:

Comfort: 5 Handling: 4 Storage: 4

Reliability: 4 Wake: 4 Value: 3

Overall: 1

Wakeboarding/Wakeskating Ballast Setup Wakesurfing Ballast Setup

Bow: 0 lbs. Bow: 0 lbs.

Mid: 0 lbs. Mid: 0 lbs.

Stern: 0 lbs. Stern: 0 lbs.

Comments: We have a 2005 X-30. We went through a double up and the tower snapped on a shallow weld. The boat also got 115 (one hundred fifteen) stress cracks (leteral about 8-10 inches on average) MasterCraft won't take care of this on warranty, our insurance says that it's defect and won't cover it. We even had a 3rd party lab take core samples of the boat and they said that it was under glassed. After giving this report to MC.....they still won't cover it. BEWARE!!! MasterCraft warranty is garbage!

Comments: We have a 2005 X-30. We went through a double up and the tower snapped on a shallow weld. The boat also got 115 (one hundred fifteen) stress cracks (leteral about 8-10 inches on average) MasterCraft won't take care of this on warranty, our insurance says that it's defect and won't cover it. We even had a 3rd party lab take core samples of the boat and they said that it was under glassed. After giving this report to MC.....they still won't cover it. BEWARE!!! MasterCraft warranty is garbage!

Wow, that sounds bad thanks

The MC X30 is a decent boat, but IMO it is on an outdated hull. The other thing I don't like is that the lack of tracking fins. The 23 LSV will run circles around the X30 with the Malibu Gorilla Fins.

As for build, they are most likely built the same. What does the MC dealer say Malibu is doing wrong? I have never heard of anyon on this forum having an issue with there hull. Malibu offers a Limited Lifetime Hull Warranty in addition to a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty and 3 year warranty on the engine standard on every boat. What is MC's warranty?

Personally, if I was looking at an MC right now I would look at the x15.

Hope this helps.

Mastercraft says the have a "one piece" construction rather than a stringer set up, this is the reason they have drains molded in to deck and carpets snap in for easier wash down. Sounded better when salesman pitched it.

Thanks for info

This guy Gene Nieri had a web site set up with pictures and the shi-bang a while back. Can any of you remeber the website? It was dedicated to bad mouthing MAstercraft

A few years back I did a MC plant tour and a Malibu plant tour down in Tenn. on the same day. If I remember correctly they do the stringers molds a little differant. With Malibu the stinger section is a seperate piece that is then installed into the hull,and MC had the stringers as part of the hull mold.

I have been in plenty of MC boats and am less than impressed with those towers. Pain in the A$$ if yout have to lower them up and down to get into your garage,,and they areant as rigid as the Titans or Illusions.

That being said,,they are both real nice boats. I am real suprised you can get the X-30 cheaper than the LSV! The MC are usually a good 5k more than the Malibus

thanks

If you look at the construction techniques and materials I think you'll find the big 3 (Mastercraft, Malibu and Nautique) are basically equal. If I were looking at a new boat I'd base my decision more on dealer support. There's nothing much more frustrating than having trouble with a brand new $60,000 boat and getting below par support from your dealer.

A few years back I did a MC plant tour and a Malibu plant tour down in Tenn. on the same day. If I remember correctly they do the stringers molds a little differant. With Malibu the stinger section is a seperate piece that is then installed into the hull,and MC had the stringers as part of the hull mold.

I have been in plenty of MC boats and am less than impressed with those towers. Pain in the A$$ if yout have to lower them up and down to get into your garage,,and they areant as rigid as the Titans or Illusions.

That being said,,they are both real nice boats. I am real suprised you can get the X-30 cheaper than the LSV! The MC are usually a good 5k more than the Malibus

Yes, the x30 is going for 60k and lsv $67,500 Im in Atlanta the lake was down for last couple of years and came up this year, I think it caused a rush of sales not sure why the price differance usually more for MC, both new not demo.

This guy Gene Nieri had a web site set up with pictures and the shi-bang a while back. Can any of you remeber the website? It was dedicated to bad mouthing MAstercraft

He must have taken the site down.

Here's a link to the story from WW. http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/message...921/679988.html

Yes, the x30 is going for 60k and lsv $67,500 Im in Atlanta the lake was down for last couple of years and came up this year, I think it caused a rush of sales not sure why the price differance usually more for MC, both new not demo.

What options did the LSV have, sounds like a good deal to me. A simple engine option could be the difference in price in these boats. I didn't see where you mentioned what year these boats were either??

Edited by 06vlx

He took it down. Mastercraft told him to take a hike until he started the site. Then big John called him up and told him to take the site down and MC would help him out. I guess a little negative publicity goes a long way. FWIW they treated me the same when I had an X1. Total punks - they like to play the blame game in dealers vs. corporate. I suppose they are trained that way. I guess if you get a good MC it would be ok. However, if you have problems with the boat look out. Whistling.gif

Wow a mastercraft dealer dogging Malibu on build quality, never heard that before... Whistling.gif

I might as well sling a little mud...

Edited by edgeski1
Wow a mastercraft dealer dogging Malibu on build quality, never heard that before... Whistling.gif

Thumbup.gif

That's a great video and so true. I saw a MC driving down the road at 35 mph the other day I was behind him. The tower was doing that the whole time (not quite as bad but close) and we weren't even going over speed bumps.

Edited by 06vlx

Thumbup.gif

That's a great video and so true. I saw a MC driving down the road at 35 mph the other day I was behind him. The tower was doing that the whole time (not quite as bad but close) and we weren't even going over speed bumps.

That's how they keep from getting stress cracks in the fiberglass. See, they precisely engineered a little bit os flex in the tower to save the fiberglass. kind of like an ariplane wing. Gotta be it.

all as I can say is test drive them both , it will be a easy decision after that , spent a week at powell this year with my friends x-30 and was very unimpressed with the handling of boat Vomit.gif I always look forward to driving a boat but in this case not , seriously test drive , test drive , test drive .

What options did the LSV have, sounds like a good deal to me. A simple engine option could be the difference in price in these boats. I didn't see where you mentioned what year these boats were either??

both are 2009 mc has mcx engine 5.7 and malibu has monsoon 340 it seams like a good deal, think I'll give malibu dealer a call try and get price match or close evrything you read online pushes to Malibu (really like the maliview)

Thanks for help

both are 2009 mc has mcx engine 5.7 and malibu has monsoon 340 it seams like a good deal, think I'll give malibu dealer a call try and get price match or close evrything you read online pushes to Malibu (really like the maliview)

Thanks for help

I demo'd an 08' X-15 with the local MC dealer last year and asked about the X-30. The dealer told me he didn't recommend that boat because it was a pig and didn't really do anything well. This MC dealer was very good and had nothing bad to say about malibu.

Thanks for help

I demo'd an 08' X-15 with the local MC dealer last year and asked about the X-30. The dealer told me he didn't recommend that boat because it was a pig and didn't really do anything well. This MC dealer was very good and had nothing bad to say about malibu.

pig sums it up nicely Whistling.gif

Thanks for help

I wouldn't pay that much for the LSV with a monsoon.