Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I/O Wake surfing

Winz

I had to hike my pant legs up while reading all that crap!! Those pics posted explain it all, I don't understand the salesman's point when he says the prop is tucked far enough under the platform, he needs to look at his own advertisement!!

post-8316-1249408599_thumb.jpg

post-8316-1249408606_thumb.jpg

Edited by nemire12
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ndawg12

• WakeGirl

• Baddog

• Lance B. Johnson

I had to hike my pant legs up while reading all that crap!! Those pics posted explain it all, I don't understand the salesman's point when he says the prop is tucked far enough under the platform, he needs to look at his own advertisement!!

That salesman is crazy if he thinks that prop is far enough under that platform. No way would I ever try surfing behind a I/O, just plain stupid IMO

Just say no to wake surfing behind a I/O. I have seen a family take it one step further. They surf behind their TWIN I/O 27 foot sea ray cabin cruiser. Can you imagine falling in between those 2 stern drives? Like a ping pong ball in a blender. I have also seen a video of 2 kids surfing behind an out board powered boat , I guess if you like hamburger.

That sales guy must not be a surfer, I have fallin several times from trying backside slides and 360's. Most of the time these falls will toss you toward the boat, close enough that you could reach out and touch the swim platform. If you can touch it then you can touch the prop on thier boats from looking at the pics.

Want to feel like throwing up or punching somebody??? Watch these.

Those are hilarious. I will say as a slalom junkie, I can appreciate the Chapstick's reverse slalom course performance. LOL

Anyone catch the surf wave towards the beginning of the second video? What a terrible looking whitewash!

Edited by UWSkier
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of anyone doing behind a boat. I can't imagine surfing behind a boat that you can look down while surfing and see the prop!! Doh! Dontknow.gif

Plus1.gif I'm shuddering at the thought of it at all. Idiots, is all I have to say.

I just watched all 3 of those youtube videos and laughed at how ridiculous the claims were when they did the head to head comparison with the VLX. The ONLY thing the Chaparral did better was drive in reverse. Big deal. That company's a joke. Did they seriously try to say you don't need to load down the boat and have the passengers on one side to surf on that thing? Did anyone else see the tiny wave they were surfing on that was all washed out? Unbelievable.

• 3 weeks later...
I just watched all 3 of those youtube videos and laughed at how ridiculous the claims were when they did the head to head comparison with the VLX. The ONLY thing the Chaparral did better was drive in reverse. Big deal. That company's a joke. Did they seriously try to say you don't need to load down the boat and have the passengers on one side to surf on that thing? Did anyone else see the tiny wave they were surfing on that was all washed out? Unbelievable.

Let's be fair, it did have more top end. Because we all know that that's what matters in a wakeboarding/wakesurfing boat, right? ;)

That company is going to get itself sued right out of business. I've had falls that would have put me right in the prop behind that boat. Add to it a driver that lets off the gas a little too soon....it's not going to take much.

Let's be fair, it did have more top end. Because we all know that that's what matters in a wakeboarding/wakesurfing boat, right? ;)

That company is going to get itself sued right out of business. I've had falls that would have put me right in the prop behind that boat. Add to it a driver that lets off the gas a little too soon....it's not going to take much.

Boy that's the pot calling the kettle black... Tease2.gif

I asked the manager at my chaparral dealership if HE would ever surf behind an i/o and he shook his head and said "no but there are lots that do"

In the videos on their web sight the surf wake looks terrible , really washed out with no curl to it at all.

My concern continues to be that accidents behind these boats will eventually ruin the fun for us all.

I agree. There are enough reasons out there that they're already using to outlaw wakesurfing in some areas without a major boat manufacturer adding to that. Idiocy at its finest.

the wake is mushy!

i got a laugh out of 'the obstacle course you have to walk on to get in the boat from the transom on an inboard'...

Yeah, if you call that nice soft sun deck that you have to crawl over an "obstacle course!" Even a geriatric could make it from the swim platform to the cabin area on an inboard.

It would be great for someone to have the time to go to every one of those dealers as a customer interested in buying the boat for the family to learn to surf. Then ask each dealer if he would go out to demo the boat, and he himself demo surfing behind it for the family to see. I bet at least 90 percent of them wouldn't do it!

It seems like allot of States are already trying to out law surfing now, as more people get seriously hurt doing this behind an I/O its just going to make it easier for the media to convince the general public its dangerous.

Edited by mainekneeboarder