Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sac'ing out an 05 XTI

hco

Title Says it all, any tips? Has the center ballast and power wedge. I have virtually an endless supply of fat sacs. The DD box kind of ruins any huge sacs but I have 7 fly high bricks that I will use to fill the back up and then can use my 400's and 600's up front in the bow area if need be. Or if anyone has the same hull but the VLX I would love to hear from you as well.

I have found that adding weight to the front makes the wake firmer and has a longer sweet spot, we put about 700lb sac in the back and about 500 in the bow along with the standard center and rear ballast.

• 3 weeks later...
Title Says it all, any tips? Has the center ballast and power wedge. I have virtually an endless supply of fat sacs. The DD box kind of ruins any huge sacs but I have 7 fly high bricks that I will use to fill the back up and then can use my 400's and 600's up front in the bow area if need be. Or if anyone has the same hull but the VLX I would love to hear from you as well.

I have the exact boat. I put a 750 in the back floor area over where the table screws in and then i put a 750 on top of that over the built in cooler. Put the wedge down and fill up the front built in sac and youve got a massive wake.

I have the exact boat. I put a 750 in the back floor area over where the table screws in and then i put a 750 on top of that over the built in cooler. Put the wedge down and fill up the front built in sac and youve got a massive wake.

You would think the addition of a bow sac would be required, when we have that kind of weight in our boat the bow rides to high and the wake is too steep Whistling.gif

You would think the addition of a bow sac would be required, when we have that kind of weight in our boat the bow rides to high and the wake is too steep Whistling.gif

The 23 has the engine about 18 inches further from the transom which helps keep the bow down. Mine has the bow ballast, which I fill, but I think the xti benefits most from weight in the back. Think about trying to replace the 800 lbs of engine the vdrives have and then the 750 lbs right next to it. The mid engine kind of acts like bow weight already. ZZbutler told me how he liked his xti best for surfing. I think I saved the pm and I'll post it if I did.