Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat Question

rivrat

Hey

Im new to the Family. I just bought a 08 VLX yesterday and found a couple of minor things wrong with it and was wondering, if they were installed by the dealer or factory if they would be under warranty

-two of the tower lights don't work,

-the display on the stereo hard unit is reading backwards (volume = emulov) dont ask me how.

-2 of the 6 LED on the underwater lights are burned out.

-Display on the transom radio control doesn't show words, just lights up, but the controls work.

I just didn't know if these would be covered

let me know.

Thanks

It's all covered.

Everything on your boat should work perfectly when you pick it up. Call your dealer and take it back in, as they should've checked all that before they handed you the keys. Don't let them charge you a dime to fix any of that.

Hey

Im new to the Family. I just bought a 08 VLX yesterday and found a couple of minor things wrong with it and was wondering, if they were installed by the dealer or factory if they would be under warranty

-the display on the stereo hard unit is reading backwards (volume = emulov) dont ask me how.

-Display on the transom radio control doesn't show words, just lights up, but the controls work.

let me know.

Thanks

Hey

let me know.

Thanks

Did you buy this from a dealer or from a private seller? If you bought it from a dealer then i say they should fix it, If from a private seller they may not.

I bought it from a private seller, but i dont see where it would matter it only has 81 hrs on it and if the factory installed it the should warranty it dont you think. also have you heard of a charge for transferring the boat warranty. I know i have to do it for the engine but i should have to pay for the boat.

I bought it from a private seller, but i dont see where it would matter it only has 81 hrs on it and if the factory installed it the should warranty it dont you think. also have you heard of a charge for transferring the boat warranty. I know i have to do it for the engine but i should have to pay for the boat.

Your right, it doesn't matter if you bought it from the dealer or a private seller. What you should do is go in and introduce your self to the guys where you will be taking the boat for warranty work. Tell them you just bought a boat off the street and what's wrong. They might not give you the same level of service but there should not be any issues.

As for the transfer of the Indmar warranty, it will cost you $200.00...... The Malibu warranty will not cost you anything.......

Edited by aaudii5150

Your right, it doesn't matter if you bought it from the dealer or a private seller. What you should do is go in and introduce your self to the guys where you will be taking the boat for warranty work. Tell them you just bought a boat off the street and what's wrong. They might not give you the same level of service but there should not be any issues.

As for the transfer of the Indmar warranty, it will cost you $200.00...... The Malibu warranty will not cost you anything.......

Plus1.gif There was a thread already about a dealer that would not do any warranty work unless the boat was bought from them so you may want to ask if they do warranty work on boats that were not purchased there.

Welcome to the crew Thumbup.gif

I just talked to Malibu's Factory Warranty dept. in Cali. and they said that the Indmar is $300. the boat is $300 to the factory and then whatever the dealer charges to look over the boat to let the factory know the condition. The dealer here said it would $400 total for the boat, so i guess they are charging me $100 to look over the boat. Malibu Factory said that the tower lights prob. aren't under warr. since they were installed by the dealer, unless you go back to the dealer in who installed them but he's over 5 hrs away.

Anybody know where a fuse panel is on a 08 VLX, I just got it yesterday and haven't had time to look. I have all digital switched and only the port tower lights come on. I was thinking there might be a fuse for the left and right. I dont know. anybody have any ideas

I just talked to Malibu's Factory Warranty dept. in Cali. and they said that the Indmar is $300. the boat is $300 to the factory and then whatever the dealer charges to look over the boat to let the factory know the condition. The dealer here said it would $400 total for the boat, so i guess they are charging me $100 to look over the boat. Malibu Factory said that the tower lights prob. aren't under warr. since they were installed by the dealer, unless you go back to the dealer in who installed them but he's over 5 hrs away.

Anybody know where a fuse panel is on a 08 VLX, I just got it yesterday and haven't had time to look. I have all digital switched and only the port tower lights come on. I was thinking there might be a fuse for the left and right. I dont know. anybody have any ideas

On the mux there are two settings (well, three) for lights, two wires coming out of the loom that are switched by the mux. Front, rear and both. It is possible that some of those options have been removed from the mux, and that they wired the right side lights to one (say front) and the left side lights to the other (rear) but that is just one idea. Switch bulbs from one side to the other to see if they are actually burned out, or if it is the wiring.

thanks for the help, it would be pretty easy if its just bulbs but well see. Im kind of scared of all this computer stuff, yeah its nice but hard to trace out the problem.

how do ya'll weight your VLX i have the 4 tanks (front, center and 2 back) + 600lb lead, 450 in the back and 150 about 1/3 the way up on port side to counter act the driver. I was riding out 75' and 25mph and it was lipping over my board with the wedge 3/4 down. I've never rode that fast before and was wondering if i need more/less weight/wedge or longer/shorter rope.?

thanks for the help, it would be pretty easy if its just bulbs but well see. Im kind of scared of all this computer stuff, yeah its nice but hard to trace out the problem.

how do ya'll weight your VLX i have the 4 tanks (front, center and 2 back) + 600lb lead, 450 in the back and 150 about 1/3 the way up on port side to counter act the driver. I was riding out 75' and 25mph and it was lipping over my board with the wedge 3/4 down. I've never rode that fast before and was wondering if i need more/less weight/wedge or longer/shorter rope.?

The first thing you want to do is adjust the wedge while driving, you do not need to be towing a boarder. You will be able to see the shape of the wake change as you adjust it and should be able to get it how you like it (peaky, no doubt) Also, the power wedge needs to be calibrated every time the power from the battery is cut (not ignition, but battery actually switched off with an isolator or disconnected). There are some threads on calibrating the wedge, basically it is on the SETUP selection of the LCD menu. Once you get the wedge where you like it, set it as a preset.

Rope length is your prefernce once you get the wake a little more dialed in, and 25 does seem a bit fast. I like to go 21-22. A lot of the lighter/youger boarders I tow around 19-20.