Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect pass has issues

Hey all,

Hoping you can help me troubleshoot my Perfect Pass. The system is on an '04 23 LSV and it's the Digital Pro version (if that matters).

Here are the symptoms:

-Boat gets up to speed, PP beeps when I hit my target speed like it's engaging, but doesn't stop accelerating

-If I throttle back, boat slows down but does not hold set speed.

-Throttle control servo winder difficult/impossible to rotate.

It's as if the throttle control servo it's controlling the throttle at all. It seems like all the dash functions and control box are operating correctly though.

I just installed PP on my old boat last year, so I'm familiar with how the throttle control servo should function and this one seems locked/frozen.

Is there a way I can try to get it unstuck? As I suspect that's my problem. I'd prefer not having to buy a new one.

thanks

mike

What she said. PP has excellent customer service. If your servo's fried the only fix is to replace it. It's a $200 part on a $40K+ boat. Pony up brother... Yes.gif

Ed

What she said. PP has excellent customer service. If your servo's fried the only fix is to replace it. It's a $200 part on a $40K+ boat. Pony up brother... Yes.gif

Ed

Damn it! I haven't even officially bought this boat yet. Ah well, trials and tribulations of boat ownership. Atleast I can do most of my own work....short of pulling the long block.

I should read all the thread.... I skimmed it and thought it was simply having troubles with going past the set speed and hunting, as mentioned your servo is probably toast, but I would check to see that everything is moving freely as if the servo was being over worked pulling sticky and rubbing lines it could have met its end way to early.

Ed

Damn it! I haven't even officially bought this boat yet. Ah well, trials and tribulations of boat ownership. Atleast I can do most of my own work....short of pulling the long block.

You do know what the letters B.O.A.T. stand for, right?? Whistling.gif

Ed