Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transmission Plug as Thru Hull

Stanley Wheelhouse

any body use their rear plug that is located nearest the transmission as a thru hull. if so what size fitting did you use and do you have a picture?

Are you talking about the plug on the port side of the tranny with the t-handle?

i have an 08 247 and mine is on the starboard side and it is the t handle plug. i guess malibu put it there because it is easier to get to than the one on my 07 247.

Are you talking about the plug on the port side of the tranny with the t-handle?

i have an 08 247 and mine is on the starboard side and it is the t handle plug. i guess malibu put it there because it is easier to get to than the one on my 07 247.

that is my old boat. the new one is much prettier, and yes i have a make a wake ballast system that i am trying to install and want to use the plug as a thru hull provided i can find a fitting that matches the threads and size of the t handle plug.

Gotcha. Yes, I used that plug as a thru-hull. It has 3/4" threads. You probably already have the pump for your system, but just in case, that plug will work with any of the stock Piranha pumps or a Tsunami 800. Mayfair also makes an 1100 or 1200 (can't remember which right now) with 3/4" threads. All of those would screw right in. A Rule 1200 would work as well, but the output is a 1" so you'd need to do a reducer or some other type of adapter (just on the output side though, the input is 3/4" & would screw right into that plug). A Tsunami 1200 will not work, you'd have to find an adapter because at 1 1/8" it's got a weird size.

Gotcha. Yes, I used that plug as a thru-hull. It has 3/4" threads. You probably already have the pump for your system, but just in case, that plug will work with any of the stock Piranha pumps or a Tsunami 800. Mayfair also makes an 1100 or 1200 (can't remember which right now) with 3/4" threads. All of those would screw right in. A Rule 1200 would work as well, but the output is a 1" so you'd need to do a reducer or some other type of adapter (just on the output side though, the input is 3/4" & would screw right into that plug). A Tsunami 1200 will not work, you'd have to find an adapter because at 1 1/8" it's got a weird size.

thank you very much! i bought a make a wake four pump system last year and want to finally put it in. did not want to drill a whole. this works out. i will post some pix.

if that thru hull is below the waterline you may want to consider double clamping everything and insuring that if anything in that system fails that you don't find your rig on the bottom of the pond.