Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water in dry storage

I'm getting some water in starboard rear dry storage. It's not coming from anything wet being placed in storage or ballast. It's not alot of water enough to get the carpet wet. Wondering if anyone had any ideas. I did a search and didn't come up with anything related. Thanks

MalibuNation

I had water coming in both my rear storage area ... it was caused by the wedge. The bolts holding the wedge had to be re-siliconed ... common problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue in both rear lockers and after taking it to the dealership twice they relized it was coming from the seal (or lack of) at the ss rub rail...had it fixed last summer...and I just noticed this past week, the problem is back....:(

I had water coming in both my rear storage area ... it was caused by the wedge. The bolts holding the wedge had to be re-siliconed ... common problem.

I have been having water in my hull and could not figure out where it was coming from. This last week I put a wrench on my wedge bolts and they turned and now thinking thats the problem.

What silicone did you use MalibuNation?

MalibuNation

I have been having water in my hull and could not figure out where it was coming from. This last week I put a wrench on my wedge bolts and they turned and now thinking thats the problem.

What silicone did you use MalibuNation?

Hi D-GOOSE, this was a dealer fix as this happened right after I got my brand new boat ... I'll see what I can find out.

BTW, the water might have been coming from where the swim platform attaches to the transom and not the wedge ... can't remember ... this was in 2003. Hard to believe 6 years have gone by!