Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Evolution Cover

martinarcher

martinarcher

Hey all,

Looking for a cover for our 88' Skier. It looks like the Evolution Brand is the way to go. The Sunbrella material sounds like great stuff. The problem is we've now got a Titan tower on the boat. How do you modify a cover for an after market tower? Anyone done this? Sounds scary to cut holes in a brand new $600 cover!

Thanks!

Hey all,

Looking for a cover for our 88' Skier. It looks like the Evolution Brand is the way to go. The Sunbrella material sounds like great stuff. The problem is we've now got a Titan tower on the boat. How do you modify a cover for an after market tower? Anyone done this? Sounds scary to cut holes in a brand new $600 cover!

Thanks!

Each Evolution cover is custom made. When I had mine made, I received a form to fill out where I measured the distance from the nose, to the first tower pillar on the port side, then distance to second pillar, then do the same on the starboard side. You end up with a cover that fits absolutely perfectly, even if for some reason the left and right side of your tower is mounted in slightly different locations. Best money ever spent on a cover. Fits like a glove. Do it!

They are designed to be towed. I towed my boat from Minnesota to California in the winter with my Evolution Cover and the interior of the boat was spotless. Cory also provides superior customer service. You will not be disappointed.

quote name='martinarcher' date='May 22 2009, 07:50 PM' post='309161']

Awesome. I was hoping that would be the answer!

Are they also towable covers or do they need to be removed to tow?

If he doesn't have a pattern, then you need to appeal to a Skier owner in the Seattle area to drop by his shop and let him get some measurements.

martinarcher

Levi900RR,

The pattern is in the works. Paul from Bakes Marine is going to help us out and allow Cory to come down to the dealership next time he gets a Skier in for service. Thanks Paul! Cory is going to call me when he patterns the boat. I'll throw an update on this thread when he does and you can call him and let him know you would like a cover as well. Make sure you track the topic or check back often. SHouldn't be too long and we'll be able to get the awesome Evolution Covers for our boats too!

Levi900RR,

The pattern is in the works. Paul from Bakes Marine is going to help us out and allow Cory to come down to the dealership next time he gets a Skier in for service. Thanks Paul! Cory is going to call me when he patterns the boat. I'll throw an update on this thread when he does and you can call him and let him know you would like a cover as well. Make sure you track the topic or check back often. SHouldn't be too long and we'll be able to get the awesome Evolution Covers for our boats too!

I Can't WAIT!! Those Covers look insane

Levi900RR,

I went that route last fall and got Cory a 98 sunsetter for a pattern in his area, I started using my new cover this spring it is awesome. He has so many features that other covers I have seen do not have plus his customer service is top notch, he not only stands behind his product but I found out he stands beside his word.I will never buy or recommmend another cover besides a evolution.

Jason Thumbup.gif

+1 For Cory and Evolution. I received my cover last November and when I went to install it this Spring I realized I had made a measuring "oversight" Basically I lost my ability to read a measuring tape. But, Cory has been extremely helpful with fixing my mistake and getting me going again. Thanks Evolution!!!

Also, nicest cover I have ever had. Sweet.

martinarcher
Levi900RR,

I Can't WAIT!! Those Covers look insane

Me neither. I hope someone stops by soon for a pattern!

Just like you guys have said - I've heard nothing but good about Cory and Evolution covers.

leafster - that comment about forgetting how to read a tape is priceless! ROFL.gif I'm glad Cory got your cover fixed up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
martinarcher

We are still waiting on one of Paul's customers at Bake's Marine to bring a Skier in for service so Cory can stop over and pattern it. If anyone reads this and has a Skier in that area we would love to have you help us out and have Cory pattern your boat!! I'm going on vacation the first week in Aug and sure hope my cover is here by then!!!

We are still waiting on one of Paul's customers at Bake's Marine to bring a Skier in for service so Cory can stop over and pattern it. If anyone reads this and has a Skier in that area we would love to have you help us out and have Cory pattern your boat!! I'm going on vacation the first week in Aug and sure hope my cover is here by then!!!

i'm still keeping a eye out for you, boats are coming in and out so fast right now.

-Paul

martinarcher
Thanks for looking out for crew members Paul Rockon.gif

Right on! Thanks Paul! Hopefully we will luck out and get a Skier to stop in soon. I just ordered a set of Malibu underwater LED's from you! Thanks for supporting the Crew! Thumbup.gif

• 1 month later...
martinarcher

Just an update on the Evolution Covers for the Skiers.....

I talked to Cory today and he has completed the pattern for our Skiers! Clap.gifClap.gif

He sent me my order form to get my cover made up for my boat/tower set-up so I assume you guys could give him a ring to get covers now as well.

Call Cory at.....

(425) 478-2043 between the hours of 7am-4pm PST Mon. thru Fri.

http://www.evolutioncovers.com

A big thanks to Paul at Bakes Marine for allowing Cory to pattern one of his customers boats! Clap.gif You da man Paul! Thumbup.gif

I can't wait to get my cover!

martinarcher
Awesome news... too bad I already blew my Boat allowance for 09 on new interior , Looks like I’ll have to wait till next spring for the Evo. So nice to know it’s an option though!

Yep - it is going to be great to have that cover on our older boats. Cory was really excited with how well the pattern turned out with the deep rubrail on our boats. I'll post up some pics once I get the cover and a few shots with it installed. Finally I can tow in the rain and keep the boat dry! Clap.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Well my cover arrived today and looks fantastic. Yahoo.gif Here are some pics. The quality is amazing and will certainly keep my boat looking good inside while towing in bad weather. It's been soaked twice while towing this summer and really bummed me out - that won't happen again! Yahoo.gif

I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the quality and engineering that went into my cover. Cory certainly know what he is doing! Rockon.gif Everything has been very well though out and really helps it to fit the boat well and allow the cover to stay tight, yet not touch or rub the boat. You can certainly get this baby plenty tight to keep all the water off. Check it out....

DSC03124.jpg

DSC03133.jpg

DSC03129.jpg

DSC03137.jpg

DSC03141.jpg

The rubrail "hooks" that get the cover set in place and centered.

DSC03147.jpg

DSC03149.jpg

The rear straps that allow you to tighten the cover up very easily and uniformly without getting uneven tension or wrinkles.

DSC03143.jpg

The rope that encircles the boat and allows you to tighten the cover after the straps are snug, terminates with a strap that really allows it to be cinched down tight. It also has a little Velcro pouch that protects the gelcoat from the strap tightener and stores the extra strap.

DSC03146.jpg