Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help, Boat died today.. Wont turn over

If anyone can help, it would save my weekend. I was out all day 2007 LSV HH. no issues, WOT for about 10 min, then the boat stalls, will not restart. tried for 30 min. plenty of battery life, but just wont start up. Any suggestions where to begin. I did manage to get it started once but it ran very rough and then just stalled again. No error messsage, or anything. Any ideas? ran fine all day turned on and off all day.

Did you accidentally pull your lanyard loose on the safety kill switch? Will it crank? Got gauges?

Edited by electricjohn
It could be something in the fuel (i.e. bad pump)

Did it make any bad noises when it stalled?

Or no fuel. Dumb question, but did you run out of gas? :unsure: I ran out of gas once, I was very confused for a few minutes... :blush:

I have had the same issue over the years and almost all the time the fuel filter is the issue, either swap out or sometimes you can remove it, give it a few shakes and replace it as a temporary solution...

assumming gas in boat...check kill switch and fuel filter...fuel pump a possibility as my buddy has an x30 and same thing happened to him, running fine and then would not start at all and was a bad pump...Doubt oil as you should have seen the pressure drop and maybe an alarm (but check level anyway)

Not out of fuel, fuel pump is good. This is. 2007 so no kill switch. I checked the pressure valve under the fuel injector and fuel came shooting out. So fuel is getting to the injectors. And other ideas.??

Can someone walk me through checking the fuel filter? It was just replaced by the dealer a month ago. Also a side note, if i put the throttle in neutral and move it full wide open the boat will run and start but if i move it back to neutral it just stalls out

Edited by lib135
Can someone walk me through checking the fuel filter? It was just replaced by the dealer a month ago. Also a side note, if i put the throttle in neutral and move it full wide open the boat will run and start but if i move it back to neutral it just stalls out

Are you getting any spark? I don't know if it has a distributor but my Monsoon has had that happened and it was the ignition control module.

Have you tried starting it since it has cooled down? Mine vapor locked on me again today. Now that I know what is going on it don't rattle me any more. Need to let it cool and all is well. I still think it has to do with alcohol in fuel.

Edited by dalt1

I would recommend checking the fuel pressure at the rail. To do this you need to hook up a fuel pressure gauge. (Mechanical gauge) Sounds like you may have a fuel pressure regulator issue, but it's way too early to determine that. Start with finding out what the pressure is, or more simply, as a 2007 let the dealer fix it under warranty.

Peter

My 2007 missing a kill switch also. Glad to not have one they give everyone fits, a buddy with a MC (yes he is a friend) had the same issue.

Does the 2007 still have a distributor? My 2004 did this last year and the cap and rotor turned out to be the problem.