Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Lights

I have a friend that just bought a 2009, 23 LSV with an Illusion XS tower. He purchased some Metcraft tower lights for it and is working on the install. The instructions that came with the lights shows 2007 and older boats, and 2008 boats. There is nothing showing how to wire them up to a 2009. Looking under the dash there is the junction panel with nearly every connection labeled except tower lights. The controls on the dash show a tower light, front and/or rear option. Anyone have any idea on how these are supposed to be wired to work of the new style dash switches?

Ken, if he has the switches already installed they should be hooked up to the proper size breakers and should be identified down at the breaker panel. If I'm not mistaken, they should be a min. of 20 amps each, depending on how many lights front/rear. I have mine running off two separate breakers because I'm running eight lights, four on each breaker. Hooking the power lead to the lights is really easy, you just have to pull the switch panel and fine the peg that has power when you flip the switch on. Let me know if you need any help :)

He will likely need a relay, I don't think there is a 20 amp switchblock location that is already relayed from the dash. On the 08's there are two small wires that dead end out of a wire loom, I bet the '09s are similar. Call Paul @ Bakes and he will be able to point you where to look.

http://www.bakesmarine.com/

Edited by TheBlackPearl
Ken, if he has the switches already installed they should be hooked up to the proper size breakers and should be identified down at the breaker panel. If I'm not mistaken, they should be a min. of 20 amps each, depending on how many lights front/rear. I have mine running off two separate breakers because I'm running eight lights, four on each breaker. Hooking the power lead to the lights is really easy, you just have to pull the switch panel and fine the peg that has power when you flip the switch on. Let me know if you need any help :)

Tony - the 08s and newer don't have the same dash switches as the older models. It is all part of the digital controls. They did come with two separate relays, and all the wiring. They just need to be plugged into the right wires coming from the dash controls. Just not well labeled.

He will likely need a relay, I don't think there is a 20 amp switchblock location. On the 08's there are two small wires that dead end out of a wire loom, I bet the '09s are similar. Call Paul @ Bakes and he will be able to point you where to look.

Thanks for the head's up. I saw where just about everything else plugs into the back of the main module, just nothing labeled for the lights. I will check with Paul and see if he knows.

Edited by kb3

Tony - the 08s and new don't have the same switches. It is all part of the digital controls.

He will likely need a relay, I don't think there is a 20 amp switchblock location. On the 08's there are two small wires that dead end out of a wire loom, I bet the '09s are similar. Call Paul @ Bakes and he will be able to point you where to look.

Thanks for the head's up. I saw where just about everything else plugs into the back of the main module, just nothing labeled for the lights. I will check with Paul and see if he knows.

My bad :unsure: forgot about that.