Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Kingazjay

To replace or to repair, that is the question.

Kingazjay

I have a brass prop that hit something, many times... there are no tears, but should I have it repaired, or should I replace it? It's the original prop on a 99 response, everything else looks good. If repair is the answer, any suggestion in the Havasu area?

HPIM1444.jpg

Edited by Kingazjay

Bill_AirJunky

Depends on what you need out of the prop in the future. If that one was fine, having it reworked will be $100 - $150 depending on the shop. If your looking for more holeshot, better speed holding with weight, or whatever, then a new prop can deliver most any of that.... for a price. Probably in the neighborhood of $300 - $400.

cstello

I am in Havasu and found that parts are hard to come by in Havasu. The propeller company might be able to repair it. I just got a prop from the paid members group buy. It was a price that was well worth it.

Pistol Pete

That looks like an easy fix to me and it'll make a good spare.

I've always shipped my damaged props out for repair, regarless of where the prop repair place or I am located.

Just get some reccs. on a good prop repair facility.

winddawg
I have a brass prop that hit something, many times... there are no tears, but should I have it repaired, or should I replace it? It's the original prop on a 99 response, everything else looks good. If repair is the answer, any suggestion in the Havasu area?

HPIM1444.jpg

I just had one repaired with very similar looking damage and the repair shop did a fabulous job. I know he does work for dealers and I am sure you could ship it to him, here is his contact info:

Kevins Prop Shop & Driveline

2504 Devpar Ct

Antioch, CA 94509

(925) 757-4468‎

-Dave

bigD

I had a similar (worse)looking prop the day before I left for a fourth of July weekend. I did not have a spare and my boat sat at home. My opinion, Buy a new one and have that one repaired and keep it in your tow rig.

skier92

If you mostly slalom & have the Monsoon engine, get a new Acme 515 from Delta Props (877) 238-8214 Gary Ligget / deltaprop.com (best price found) Three otherwise identical Responses in our gang 99,00,01 and hands down everyone's favorite after trying others. Have your 4-blade repaired for spare. Ask Gary if he can give you repair coupon with new purchase.

Edited by skier92

Kingazjay

hey thanks everyone, great info.