Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thinking about mixing up the tower a bit.

Bill_AirJunky

Thinking about changing up the Vride a bit..... specifically the tower speakers & bimini. Just thought I'd throw it out there & see how many cents I get. Thumbup.gif

I have 4 Dbot5 tower speakers on a Kicker 750.2 amp....... their insane loud. But the top of my head would love to have a bimini a bit higher, like the various above the tower biminis that have come available recently. That would involve removing (and selling) our existing Titan bimini, Kicker amp, Dbot5 speakers & probably the WS420 EQ. Then having a custom above the tower bimini made. I don't believe that Titan is making a bimini like this for the Titan II yet so I'm guessing it would need to be custom. SkiCrave.... any chance you guys are looking at doing this already?

The rest of the stereo is still crazy loud (Another Kicker amp, Kicker 10" sub & 6 MB Quart speakers) so I don’t think we’ll suffer much. And if I need tunes at the end of the rope, I’m tempted to pick up an MP3 player for my helmet. The neighbors will probably like that idea too.

Heres a pic of a bimini a friend of mine in Dallas had installed above a Titan II. I think the over all design is good, but the lines can be improved. Maybe by lowering the front a bit, adding a support in the middle, and eliminating the front strap & going with a pole to a tower clamp.

Csc_0159_newMedium.jpg

Okay, this has to be worth at least a penny. Biggrin.gif Why not see what Towerbiminis can come up with? Or maybe a local shop? I'd bet that if you took some pictures with you of the T3 over the top bimini (or sent them to Towerbiminis), they'd be able to come up with something nice. Just a thought.

Yep, thats exactly what I'm thinkin too, Tracy. I sent an email to my local dealer this morning asking for shop references. One of the guys there has a Supra with a new above the tower bimini so I'm hoping he had it made locally. I saw it on the lake a few days ago. It looked sweet & really made me want one.

I hadn't thought of asking Towerbiminis, but will send them an email now.

I have a buddy in Seattle who has an 08 VTX with the Titan III & Titan's above the tower bimini. I sent him an email last night asking for some pics of it, with good detail of the support bows.

Thanks!

I know that skicrave posted some pictures of it too, so maybe some searching may give you those as well. If you don't find them, let me know. I think that I may have copies somewhere on my hard drive (finding them is another story though!).