Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's not allowed on your boat?

Bobby Light

I had some poeple on my boat this past weekend that weren't very familiar with boating and had no idea what to bring. I had to go through a list of stuff I didn't want on the boat and tried to explain why. Just curious what others ban on their boat, so far this is what I have.

Shoes

Aerosol spray tanning lotion

cheeto's or other orange cheese covered crap

Fig newtons (new as of yesterday)

red wine or other red or purple fruit drink

Self tanning lotion (new as of this morning)

Smoking

Guess that's all I can think of on the top of my head.

Edited by 06vlx
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aaudii5150

• WakeGirl

• MalibuNation

• DIE2SURF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cigarettes/smoking (embers can burn holes in carpet/upholstery)

Reefs with bottle openers on bottom (put a nice gash in one of my upholstered sideboards and scratched the gel coat on the gunwales)

Bottled beer (is it really worth possible broken glass shards when you can just bring cans??)

Just curious: Is the aversion to aerosol sunblock due to the environment or something else?

Cigarettes/smoking (embers can burn holes in carpet/upholstery)

Reefs with bottle openers on bottom (put a nice gash in one of my upholstered sideboards and scratched the gel coat on the gunwales)

Bottled beer (is it really worth possible broken glass shards when you can just bring cans??)

Just curious: Is the aversion to aerosol sunblock due to the environment or something else?

I can't believe I forgot smoking on my list, that's #1 for me. I've heard the aerosol eats vinyl. Look what it does to plastic.

Glass containers, non swimmers. I allow smoking if you sit on the platform (this is for my coworkers). I would like to add cellphones but dripping skiers (me) usually take care of them.

Edited by electricjohn

In addition to the above, I don't like those fruit/sugar snacks. They cover the kids hands with sticky stuff and then the hands go all over my boat. Those juice boxes seem to always get spilled.

smoking

shoes

any type of tanning oil

glass bottles

cheetos

nacho doritos

and one huge beach bag that takes up all the storage per chick (that one drives me nuts)

smoking

shoes

any type of tanning oil

glass bottles

cheetos

nacho doritos

and one huge beach bag that takes up all the storage per chick (that one drives me nuts)

...and if they are smokin' hot? Biggrin.gif

Man, I must be doing it all wrong. We wear shoes, drink out of bottles, and use the spray sunscreen. And I own several pairs of Reefs with bottle openers on them!

The back seat opposite the cooler is where all the shoes go. But I also have a throw rug that I put on the seats closest to the dock for everyone to step in. Then it goes on the floor. So if people (or myself) step in the boat with shoes on, it's no big deal.

And I admit, I prefer using cans, but there are always bottles around too.

Must not be too bad. The boat is still in great shape. Sounds like our Memorial Day gig will be as the prop boat for a photo shoot with a few models. The photographer took some pics of the boat last year at Banks & now wants to put some girls in it for some thing he's doing. Should be interesting..... Thumbup.gif

In addition to the above, I don't like those fruit/sugar snacks. They cover the kids hands with sticky stuff and then the hands go all over my boat. Those juice boxes seem to always get spilled.

Feed the kids in the water, they can wash off before getting back in Whistling.gif . Also watch out for granola bars, what a mess.

You really can sum this all up by banning irresponbile people.

I can go for a late nite cruise with bottled beer, cigar smokers (myself included), a plate of appetizers on the engine cover, and mixed fruitty drinks for the girls, and everything is OK, boat is spotless in the morning. Because we are all responsible boat owners.

Or, you can have people that don't care, spilling canned beer on the upholstery (and leaving it), dropping sun chips everywhere, stretching their legs out while people are trying to move around in between riders, laying their board on the seats with the edges or corners down, etc.

So the official answer for me is banning the people, not the gear. They can hang on the dock and watch. Or take the paddle boat out!

Plus1.gif I have to agree with that.

I can go for a late nite cruise with bottled beer, cigar smokers (myself included), a plate of appetizers on the engine cover, and mixed fruitty drinks for the girls, and everything is OK, boat is spotless in the morning. Because we are all responsible boat owners.

Or, you can have people that don't care, spilling canned beer on the upholstery (and leaving it), dropping sun chips everywhere, stretching their legs out while people are trying to move around in between riders, laying their board on the seats with the edges or corners down, etc.

So the official answer for me is banning the people, not the gear. They can hang on the dock and watch. Or take the paddle boat out!

Staying on the dock:

Shoes

Girls with self tanning oil on(I don't care how hot they are)!

Guys with nothing to bring to the part ie. more girls, beer, gas money ect.......

More guys than girls

More than welcome:

Beer in glass bottles: less is always better and they don't make champaign in aluminium........

Smokers on the swim deck

Doritos(one of my favorites)

Most of the time we have seasoned veterans out there with us who help manage the rookies......

Good call.... we definitely fit that mold..... Cheetos, bottled beer & all. Rockon.gif

No pets

No shoes

No smoking

No messy food

We try to only have cans but the Wife likes the Smirnoff ice things and I can't find Grey goose in a plastic bottle Dontknow.gif

Thumbup.gif

My vote for best post of the thread. We are boatless at the moment, but I never invited people that I didn't know well & didn't know were conscientious toward both myself, my space, & my stuff. No hard rules one way or another, but if you pay attention to this one rule then the likelihood is that you'll have a good day on the water.

My vote for best post of the thread. We are boatless at the moment, but I never invited people that I didn't know well & didn't know were conscientious toward both myself, my space, & my stuff. No hard rules one way or another, but if you pay attention to this one rule then the likelihood is that you'll have a good day on the water.

Although I agree with these completely, I've learned that I can't control accidents...so I just try to lessen the chances of them occurring. I used to allow smokers on the platform, one was my # 1 guy (he also had boats for years) and one night the smack just slipped from his hand and singed the interior. At that point, we made the rule (agreeing) no smokes on our boats. I also believe in allowing new people on the boat, which is why I put my rules in place. It helps keep the less experienced from feeling horrible when they make a mistake/accident.

If someone brings bottled beer, I don't give them flack, I just suggest the next time they come out to bring cans for everyone's safety.

Happy boating to all.

I am probably in the minority here, but no alcohol.

Just seems too risky with the sun, the water, the prop, the ropes, the other crazy boaters, and on and on.

Just a little bit of impared judgement or slowed reflexes can make the difference.

We save it for the cabin or campsite or wherever we end the day.

Tobacco products (This is to include chew. Smoking is allowed but only if your head is actually under water)

No alcohol (boating is a family thing for me so there are always kids on board)

Foul language (again, this is family fun)

Any food or drink that stains

Jump out of the boat when it’s moving (it will be a long swim home)

Telling me how to drive! Mad.gif

Fishing poles (I have a bass boat for that)