Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fake tanning lotion!`

aaudii5150

Ok one of the girls we had on the boat this weekend had that fake tanning stuff on and it let marks ALL over the place. Went home last night and tried everything under the sun. Started with vinyl cleaner and ended with BRAKE clean. Nothing even made a dent in it.

Has anyone ran into this issue before and what on earth did you use to get it off?

I'm guessing the sun will have to take stain out.

Next time: no orange chicks on the boat.

Yep we now check ID and tanning lotion......

I think we all agree the sun will have to fix this one....

Be carefull with those Magic Erasers. They will grind right thru the first layer of vinyl if your too agressive with it. I think the trick is to use a soft scrub brush with any descent vinyl cleaner.

Give Sue at Ace an email .....acedistributing(at)comcast(dot)net

Ask about her Exquisite vinyl cleaner. I've been reading a thread on WW about how great her vinyl cleaner is. She sells on Ebay too. But I hear she has a special going on now if you contact her directly.

WBW did a head to head comparison a while back & Exquisite did the best by far.

Be carefull with those Magic Erasers. They will grind right thru the first layer of vinyl if your too agressive with it. I think the trick is to use a soft scrub brush with any descent vinyl cleaner.

Give Sue at Ace an email .....acedistributing(at)comcast(dot)net

Ask about her Exquisite vinyl cleaner. I've been reading a thread on WW about how great her vinyl cleaner is. She sells on Ebay too. But I hear she has a special going on now if you contact her directly.

WBW did a head to head comparison a while back & Exquisite did the best by far.

I set Sue up with Bakes and pretty sure Bakesonline.com will start selling exquisite vinyl cleaner here shortly.

I'm guessing the sun will have to take stain out.

Next time: no orange chicks on the boat.

What do you have against, umpa lumpa chicks? So they are a little short. Crazy.gif

Magic eraser works good at tough stains

Didn't make a single differance.....

I'll check out the cleaner.....

Thanks for all the help!

Edited by aaudii5150
Magic eraser works good at tough stains

Didn't make a single differance.....

if the mean green doesnt help, then it may be up to the sun to do the work. The sun will bleach out more stains then you think.

Fantastic and soft bristle brush got some out of our pontoon boat vinyl. It did a good job on board short color run on the driver's seat of our BU as well. This was the recommendation with the boat vinyl literature. good luck!

probably goes without saying but hope you're reconditioning the vinyl after scrubbing it with all this stuff?