Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Broke a kneebaord goign W2W

martinarcher

martinarcher

Hey guys I wanted to see if this was typical or if I might have gotten a bad board.

My wife bought me a Hydroslide Kaos kneeboard for Christmas. We had it out the first outing this spring and it worked awesome. It cut and jumped great. Friday was the second time we had it out on the lake. I had been going wake to wake with it and on the the last run before ski hours were over I went for once last jump and landed just short. I skipped of the lip of the wake and crashed pretty good, but I have certainly planted harder. Whistling.gif I swam back to the teak deck and handed my brother the board. As he was sliding it back into the board rack he said, "Holy crap man, you broke the board!" Sure enough - I cracked it on both sides all the way through. Anyone seen this? Will Hydroslide warrant it? I'm just bummed since I have only rode it twice! :Doh:

DSC02820.jpg

DSC02821.jpg

DSC02822.jpg

DSC02823.jpg

DSC02824.jpg

martinarcher

Well I'll call the vendor first and then Hydroslide. They might want the board back in case there is an issue with their 09 Kaos boards. I certainly don't think I hit hard enough to break that thing. I only weigh 175 lbs too!

Depends..

If you have a good dealer they will get it warrantied for you.

My "guy" is very customer orientated and he is always able to get things taken care of.

The exception of course would be if there are clear signs of abuse or an accident..

In other words it pays to have a relationship with a solid dealer.

Scott

Edited by steemin

I'm sure that this early after the sale this is a dealer issue. And it should definitely be warranteed. Looks like they didn't get good adhesion with the resin, cloth & core, maybe due to the wrong resin mix or something. It's not unusual, but not common either.

How the heck do your knees handle being in there any more? You need to get on a foil son. All the good kneeboarder are foil riders at some point... Klarich, Rossinni, Marchand, etc. Rockon.gif

I would check with the manufacturer and see if they will warranty it. Depending on where you bought it, you could go through the shop. If it is a local shop then I would go that route, but if it was a mega sports store, then I would just contact the manufacturer directly.

martinarcher
I'm sure that this early after the sale this is a dealer issue. And it should definitely be warranteed. Looks like they didn't get good adhesion with the resin, cloth & core, maybe due to the wrong resin mix or something. It's not unusual, but not common either.

How the heck do your knees handle being in there any more? You need to get on a foil son. All the good kneeboarder are foil riders at some point... Klarich, Rossinni, Marchand, etc. Rockon.gif

Haha - yeah it is a little rough on the knees, but boy is it fun. Thumbup.gif

My uncle has a foil that he never uses anymore. I should bug him and see if I could try it. I've never been on one. I always thought if I tried one I would have to meet an ambulance at the dock. :Doh: Those back flips just look so freakin cool!

My uncle has a foil that he never uses anymore. I should bug him and see if I could try it. I've never been on one. I always thought if I tried one I would have to meet an ambulance at the dock. :Doh: Those back flips just look so freakin cool!

Hehe, yep, definitely give it a try. Of the slalom, wakeboard, kneeboard & surfing we've done, riding a foil has been the biggest thrill for us. Just the sensation of flight above the water will bring a grin to your face. And yea, the faceplants can be a little rough. But it's no worse than the faceplants on anything else, just seems to happen more often for some people.

I'm 43 yrs old & have 5 or 6 different inverts in the bag. How many 43 yr old wakeboarders are there out there? And how many with any big, twisty, flippy tricks? The ability to show up the kids on the lake is another appeal for me.

Let me know what area your in & maybe I can hook you up with a foil rider in your area. Getting their two cents will speed up your learning curve a lot.

I have to warn you though..... it gets expensive if you get into it. Of course you already have the boat so your 90% of the way home!

martinarcher

Hehe, yep, definitely give it a try. Of the slalom, wakeboard, kneeboard & surfing we've done, riding a foil has been the biggest thrill for us. Just the sensation of flight above the water will bring a grin to your face. And yea, the faceplants can be a little rough. But it's no worse than the faceplants on anything else, just seems to happen more often for some people.

I'm 43 yrs old & have 5 or 6 different inverts in the bag. How many 43 yr old wakeboarders are there out there? And how many with any big, twisty, flippy tricks? The ability to show up the kids on the lake is another appeal for me.

Let me know what area your in & maybe I can hook you up with a foil rider in your area. Getting their two cents will speed up your learning curve a lot.

I have to warn you though..... it gets expensive if you get into it. Of course you already have the boat so your 90% of the way home!

Very true. I'm 25 and I have yet to get my wakeboard above my head! Whistling.gif I think I'll get my 360 and fakey riding first!

I do enjoy the kneeboard and love planes and heights so I certainly think the feeling of flight on a foil would appeal to me!

We boat in Western PA. Not sure if you know any foilers in our area, but it would certainly be cool to hook up wityh someone who know what they are doing. Everything I can do behind the boat I learned the hard way by crashing and trying again. I do enjoy teaching others how to ski/wakeboard/kneeboard.

Those foils certainly do seem expensive, but I guess your right - I already have the boat and tower!

Thanks!

Kneeboarding is not for me, but my one son loves it. He is now getting to where he can do W2W both sides, 180 and 360s W2W, and inverts W2W. The grin on his face when he has finished a session or done a new trick is priceless. Hey if it works for him, I'm happy. For me, it's all about having fun with family and friends out on the water.

Kneeboarding is not for me, but my one son loves it. He is now getting to where he can do W2W both sides, 180 and 360s W2W, and inverts W2W. The grin on his face when he has finished a session or done a new trick is priceless. Hey if it works for him, I'm happy. For me, it's all about having fun with family and friends out on the water.

Hey, I was impressed... Thumbup.gif

You can always explain to them that they put the warning label on the bottom side of the board and therefore could not read the label while you were riding. Biggrin.gif I think is cool it cracked right through the label.

martinarcher

I feel the same way after learning a new trick. It is awesome! I know I get great reactions form the boat when stringing tricks like 360s into a big cut to a W2W. The cheers are usually louder when the W2W ends in a faceplant. Gotta love your buds. Thumbup.gif

martinarcher
You can always explain to them that they put the warning label on the bottom side of the board and therefore could not read the label while you were riding. Biggrin.gif I think is cool it cracked right through the label.

I thought that was pretty cool too. I talked to one of the guys from the dealer Sun and Ski and they said they would give me a full refund as they do not have another board in stock at the moment. Mad.gif I told them I would check with the manufacture before sensing it in.

I then called Nash Sports. Thanks for the number wakeup! I talked to Scott from engineering/QC and he was super cool about the whole thing. He told me to email him pics of the cracking and a copy of my receipt and he would take care of it. He said chances are they will be able to send me a new board without me sending mine in for proof of damage since I had pics of the damage. Sweet! It pays to take pics of everything Thumbup.gif Now that's service! He was happy to hear I was thrilled with the board performance before it broke.

I'm just glad I will get a replacement board instead of a refund. I can't ride a refund. Clap.gif

I thought that was pretty cool too. I talked to one of the guys from the dealer Sun and Ski and they said they would give me a full refund as they do not have another board in stock at the moment. Mad.gif I told them I would check with the manufacture before sensing it in.

I then called Nash Sports. Thanks for the number wakeup! I talked to Scott from engineering/QC and he was super cool about the whole thing. He told me to email him pics of the cracking and a copy of my receipt and he would take care of it. He said chances are they will be able to send me a new board without me sending mine in for proof of damage since I had pics of the damage. Sweet! It pays to take pics of everything Thumbup.gif Now that's service! He was happy to hear I was thrilled with the board performance before it broke.

I'm just glad I will get a replacement board instead of a refund. I can't ride a refund. Clap.gif

Glad it worked out. I've learned you always go back to the source 'cause they don't want someone showing this to everyone on a forum like this with no resolution!! Dealers are good, but might substitute a different brand, just give a refund and you buy something else, sometimes just get in the middle b/w you and the manufacturer, etc. etc.

I've broken many a wakeboard and never paid for any even if not under warranty.