Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 versus 2009 VLX

Medina Malibu

Hello Guys,

I am new to the forum and so glad I found you.

I want to purchase a wakeboarding/surfing boat for my three boys and we are looking at the Malibu VLX.

The dealer has a 2008 that is less money than the 2009.

My question is, besides the digital dash, what is the difference between the 2008 VLX and the 2009 VLX?

Again, I am so happy I found you all. These forums are so helpful to the consumer.

Thank you.

Medina Malibu

Hello Guys,

I want to purchase a wakeboarding/surfing boat for my three boys and we are looking at the Malibu VLX.

My question is, besides the digital dash, what is the difference between the 2008 VLX and the 2009 VLX?

Again, I am so happy I found you all. These forums are so helpful to the consumer.

Thank you.

Medina Malibu

Thumbup.gifThumbup.gifThumbup.gif

ok he we go

the 09 vlx as been totally redesigned from hull, to interior, to deck and to wake.

the 08 vlx has the rouded windsheild and illusion x tower.

the 09 has a frameless wented winscreen (looks sick) Rockon.gif and illuson x tower

the whole boats interior has been redone, new options (maliview) is a must and power wedge

if you go for the 350 monsoon it has 10 more hp than last year, dont ask why

dont get me wrong i love the classic looks of the 08 vlx but it was time for a change, so if you either get the 08 or 09 you will be extremely pleased with them both

we did the 08 over the 09 just based on price. We bought in Dec and it was at a price we could not ignore. Very happy with our decision.

Hello Guys,

Thank you.

Medina Malibu

you do know that you can get the Malivue dash in a new '08 purchase, right?

For me it would depend on how much difference in dollars between the 2 boats. How much is the dollar difference between the 2 boats?

Dad,

Im sure the 08 will be more than all you need. I just picked up a 09 and it is sick. The 350 monsoon has plenty of power with all the ballasts tanks full and wedge down, the wake looked like a wave at the beach. My opinion get the boys the 09 there will be no regrets.

yeh the prices are a big difference between the 08's andthe 09's my vtx went up 9 grand this year my 08 price was $77 800 with the options i got and went up to $87 000 we were going to wait to get an 09 but with the price i couldnt, and i dont think i will be buying another malibu for a long time, i will probly give it to my son. he is more keen to go out than me.

he wakes up at 6 am pulls the boat out with the car by himself, loads it all up gear, food, towels, clothes then he comes and wakes me and my wife up at about 7 have brecky and leave about 7:30. he loves to drive it more than i do he will wait for everyone to have a board or ski before he goes just because he loves to drive it soo much.

and honestly i think he drives it better than me too. i am still used to having a bayliner so you can go round and pick your skier up at about 30 mph, but with this he stops and comes round in idle to avoid chilli dipping it. and every time i drive i manage to put the nose under.

let alone he is only 15 he takes the boat off and on the trailer, washes the boat after we come back and even reveses the car and boat into the carport.

and it would be silly for me to sell the boat when he moves out so i can still go out when he ownes the boat