Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

free service?

dcase71

i just got a call from malibu stating that they want to come to my house and give me a free inspection on my 2008 vlx. service/inspection includes a replacement of dash switches, wedge calibration, inspection of all fuses and a few other things. I was wondering if anyone knew why. I have a hard time believing they are doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. Is there a problem going on that I dont know about? are they avoiding a recall? Just wondering. Thanks.

They did the same for mine a couple months ago when it was in storage at the dealer. Yes, sounds like the "Make It Right" program. I think that name came from this site not Malibu. I don't know what all they actually did since there was no summary of their findings. I'll see what differences there are if I ever get the weather and water levels to cooperate at the same time so I can get out with the boat Cry.gif

Yes, add XS tower bushing inspection to the list and that sounds like the make it right deal. I think it is fair to assume there are known problems. Other than an "all off" switch added to the MUX, I did not notice any difference after the service was done to my boat. Any custom settings such as rider pre sets will have to be re programmed. Props to Malibu for being pro active.

They did mine a few weeks ago. when replacing the tower bushings they missed with a hammer and took a chunk out of the base. I only noticed after my son cut his hand on the sharp burr when reaching into the seat ice chest. They said nothing about it when they were here. Maybe they forgot they missed ( twice ) with a hammer. So check very carefully before they go. And yes I am in contact with Daisy from Malibu about replacing the base. We're in the prove it to me stage right now.