Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Good Deal?

wildroot56

I used to own a '99 Sunsetter LXI (bought brand new) and had to get rid of it 4 years later. Anyway, I'm looking to get another boat and am looking at 4-5 year old Sunsetters or Wakesetters. I found this one on ebay and was wondering what you thought? Seems priced right, what do i need to be concerned with mechanically and are there problems that are inherent with the Wakesetter?

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-Malibu...A1%7C240%3A1318

Edited by wildroot56
I used to own a '99 Sunsetter LXI (bought brand new) and had to get rid of it 4 years later. Anyway, I'm looking to get another boat and am looking at 4-5 year old Sunsetters or Wakesetters. I found this one on ebay and was wondering what you thought? Seems priced right, what do i need to be concerned with mechanically and are there problems that are inherent with the Wakesetter?

Thanks

Your '99lxi was a diamond hull and the ebay boat is a wake hull. If the engine and tranny checkout ok, it would be the little stuff that you might have to address. Like a ballast pump or blower, etc. My sunsetter I sold recently had 990 hours and thats the kind of things I had to fix over the years.

I think the buy it now price is a little high. At that price you are close to an I-ride (without that much stereo). Example

Edited by CTSunsetter

Thanks

Your '99lxi was a diamond hull and the ebay boat is a wake hull. If the engine and tranny checkout ok, it would be the little stuff that you might have to address. Like a ballast pump or blower, etc. My sunsetter I sold recently had 990 hours and thats the kind of things I had to fix over the years.

I think the buy it now price is a little high. At that price you are close to an I-ride (without that much stereo). Example

I'm torn between a Sunsetter mid-engine or the Wakesetter. I really loved my Sunsetter and am trying to understand the differences between the two. Diamond hull-wake hull? Is the Wakesetter considered a step down from the Sunsetter? I thought I had it all with my Sunsetter...could ski, drop the wedge and wakeboard, raise the wedge and the boat would just fly over the water. Does the Wake hull ride deeper in the water? More resistance? Does the Wakesetter creat a large wake all of the time, or just when the wedge is down?