Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Towerbimini and wakeboard rope

arsenuts411

I just purchased a bimini from tower bimini and was wondering if the top needs to be down for wakeboarding. I am not sure if the rope is going to sit and bend the back support or rub along the back or the bimini? Anyone with this bimini fill me in

Which top did you get? Above the tower or below? Titan or Illusion? Maybe a pic of the problem would help?

I have a buddy with the TowerBimini mounted below the Titan III & he pulls the top down once all year.... in the fall.

JeffsXTI.jpg

Its a illusion tower and its below the tower. I have to say that is a sweet looking boat.

Its a illusion tower and its below the tower. I have to say that is a sweet looking boat.

I have an illusion, but the bimini is above. I have yet to see an illusion bimini below the tower.

I have an illusion, but the bimini is above. I have yet to see an illusion bimini below the tower.

Plus1.gif . Plus1.gif

<------ See picture

Edited by TheBlackPearl

I stand corrected it is above the tower I meant below the ball on the tower where the rope gets attached. So for you guys that have the same setup any issues with the rubbing

I stand corrected it is above the tower I meant below the ball on the tower where the rope gets attached. So for you guys that have the same setup any issues with the rubbing

Yes, the trailing edge of the bimini is getting a bit worn from rope wear. I am going to figure out a strip of something to put on there to take the wear. It is only from when the rider is down, not when you are towing. Rope clears fine when someone is in tow.

Yes, the trailing edge of the bimini is getting a bit worn from rope wear. I am going to figure out a strip of something to put on there to take the wear. It is only from when the rider is down, not when you are towing. Rope clears fine when someone is in tow.

Thanks for the reply I am also going to look into something for this cause these tops are not cheap and i rather not have to buy a new one every few years.

Thanks for the reply I am also going to look into something for this cause these tops are not cheap and i rather not have to buy a new one every few years.

We've used our for the past two weekends and have had no issue....... Can't see one pit of wear on our.

I have the same set up (for three years)and haven't had any issues of the rope rubbing the bimini.