Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A crazy contraption if it works.

Ndawg12

Bill Air's water hose contraption got me thinking why I couldn't install something like it permanently, and while I'm at it, adding a strainer to my system as well. Currently I just have the 90 degree turn from the intake to a ball valve to the vdrive.

My premliminary question is ( and I tried to search for it but got lazy ) what is the OD and ID of that hose?????

ID = 1.25"

Need to be careful not to introduce any air leaks. There is a system built & designed for that - Flush Pro

Edit: - Also, even though it would be after youe ball valve, double hose clamp any connections below the waterline.

Edited by wienrdog
Bill Air's water hose contraption got me thinking why I couldn't install something like it permanently, and while I'm at it, adding a strainer to my system as well. Currently I just have the 90 degree turn from the intake to a ball valve to the vdrive.

My premliminary question is ( and I tried to search for it but got lazy ) what is the OD and ID of that hose?????

I debated on doing this too. But I figured I still had the hook the garden hose up either way, so I wasn't gaining a whole lot.

The Flush Pro itself is a great idea. But I'm not crazy about the clear plastic, or the automatic valve. Seems like there is room for failure in there. And the consequences would be starving the engine.

I'm all about not dragging a nasty hose into my boat...I'd spring for the $40 to put a transom fitting on the boat and run a hose to the home made flush kit, and just stick a valve in there to stop any flow up that hose.

I actually just bought the flush pro kit from skidim for about $120 to my door, looking forward to putting my fake-a-lake in the closet.

-Chris

I'm all about not dragging a nasty hose into my boat...I'd spring for the $40 to put a transom fitting on the boat and run a hose to the home made flush kit, and just stick a valve in there to stop any flow up that hose.

I actually just bought the flush pro kit from skidim for about $120 to my door, looking forward to putting my fake-a-lake in the closet.

-Chris

I keep my hose clean Dontknow.gif