Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

gonna be a great summer

mellen_mpz

Hey Tomfish....heres the pics of the batteries you requested. 4 6v from Costco. $75 a piece....last all day and then some. Built a box and carpeted it.

Heres a few more pics from today as well. Went to Pleasant, had the 1702 cove to ourselves all day! 82 degree water, 100 air temp. Wakeboarded for about 5 hours then tied up to a buddies boat and hung out till after dark :). So much fun

ya ya, I need to drill holes in the pods and rotate the speakers, but who's lookin at that anyways??? haha

post-9092-1242282425_thumb.jpg

Edited by mellen_mpz

ps...this site is a pain in the a** to post pictures on. Had to make them WAY smaller, and it wont let me post 2 pics in 1 post. Sorry bout' that

post-9092-1242282600_thumb.jpg

mounted the 420 sideways for now.... LOVE the XS_XXX. My buddy asked me how many 12's I put in the new boat today.......just 1!

post-9092-1242282768_thumb.jpg

Ummm Mellen_mpz....you probably need to get some sort of insulation over all those exposed battery connections. If something conductive were to get in that compartment and fall across the terminals someone might be reading about you or your boat in the newpaper. Them things can make some nasty heat, smoke and fire. Blowup.gif

Just sayin.

Ummm Mellen_mpz....you probably need to get some sort of insulation over all those exposed battery connections. If something conductive were to get in that compartment and fall across the terminals someone might be reading about you or your boat in the newpaper. Them things can make some nasty heat, smoke and fire. Blowup.gif

Just sayin.

Plus1.gif Yeah, good suggestion to cover those terminals up. I know someone who had their house burn flat after a chain saw bar fell across the terminals of a spare battery they had left on the garage floor.

Edited by davemac

Just sayin.

yeah thats not a bad idea...nothing will ever be stored in that compartment but you never know what could happen. I suppose an amp could fall off the wall????? Slim chance but I bet a chainsaw falling on a battery is even slimmer!

ummmmm.......big, round,..........speakers

Oops missed that part at first, got distracted for a second there Innocent.gif

What is the AH rating on those 6v batteries?

Edited by 06vlx
nice thanks for the pics. Is that you blasting air?

nah, thats my buddy chris. He's pretty good. I'm always the one taking pics so I never get any of me!

220 amp hours. I'm not an expert but from what I know, the amp hours remains the same when you put them in series so with 2 6v you still have 220 amp hours. I know most 12v batts are around 80 amp hours so with 2 of them you get around 160 which is why I went with the 6v setup. Everyone I have talked to (mostly motorhome guys and a couple boat guys) loves them over the 12v. Time will tell but so far I'm lovin it

can anyone tell me why I have to shrink my pics so small to get them to load when it seems everyone elses pics are much bigger? Maybe the quality of the pics is more fine????????

220 amp hours. I'm not an expert but from what I know, the amp hours remains the same when you put them in series so with 2 6v you still have 220 amp hours. I know most 12v batts are around 80 amp hours so with 2 of them you get around 160 which is why I went with the 6v setup. Everyone I have talked to (mostly motorhome guys and a couple boat guys) loves them over the 12v. Time will tell but so far I'm lovin it

Are you sure each battery is 220 ah? That seams awefull high, maybe both banks wired parallel is 220 ah. Yes wiring 2 6v batteries in series doubles the voltage but not the ah rating. Wiring in parallel the voltage stays the same and ah's are doubled.

You need to link pictures in from a photobucket acount or another similar picture sharing website. This way they can be as big as you want.

Are you sure each battery is 220 ah? That seams awefull high, maybe both banks wired parallel is 220 ah. Yes wiring 2 6v batteries in series doubles the voltage but not the ah rating. Wiring in parallel the voltage stays the same and ah's are doubled.

Yes, 220 amp hour @ 20 hours is what they are rated at. I guess that makes 4 of them at 12v 440 amp hours. From what I have seen, thats not the greatest specs for a 6v but respectable when considering the price tag of $75 a piece!

Edited by mellen_mpz
can anyone tell me why I have to shrink my pics so small to get them to load when it seems everyone elses pics are much bigger? Maybe the quality of the pics is more fine????????

Try, Photobucket. LINK

Try, Photobucket. LINK

I have a shutterfly account but I was hoping there was a trick to doing it on here since I paid the $25 pretty much just to post pics!

220 ah for $150 is a steal. Sounds like a good setup to me.

Yeah, I was a bit skeptical going into this because with the price it sounded too good to be true but it seems to be working well. There is a bit of maintenence involved (keeping them filled with water as I guess it evaporates) but I can deal with that for $300 total.

220 ah for $150 is a steal. Sounds like a good setup to me.

Yeah, I was a bit skeptical going into this because with the price it sounded too good to be true but it seems to be working well. There is a bit of maintenence involved (keeping them filled with water as I guess it evaporates) but I can deal with that for $300 total.

Just make sure you're using distilled water.