Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

jetski ?

5oclocksomewhere

Well I bought a stand up to play with [ in the middle of the lake of course ] when the kids are tired of wakeboarding and was wondering if any one has seen a setup to cary it on the back of a wake boat , I know the swim step wont hold it but maybe a setup using the two tow eyes with a strap up to the ski pylon , any thoughts [ positive please ] would be great .

A friend of mine that owns a muffler shop made a jet ski cradle for another friend of mine with a Nautique DD. (I put the two of them together)

This might be a bit tough to explain, but here goes. There are 2 rails made of muffler pipe spaced appropriately for the ski to ride on. Starting at the back of the swim step at the water level (for loading) the pipes go up to the transom and then bend towards to bow. They stay spaced until they are at the front of the engine cover, then they come together at a cup that sits on the pylon. Between the engine cover and the back seat, each rail has a vertical support that terminates at a horizontal pipe covered in carpet that sits on the floor of the boat. The carrier only touches the boat at that foot on the floor and at the cup on the pylon. The rear of the rail does not extend beyond the swim step and those angles are cut to match the horizontal of the swim step and the ends welded closed. The rails are covered with bunk carpet.

My friend painted it to match his trailer and it looks pretty sweet. He wanted the weight of the ski centered over the trailer wheels for towing stability. Some of you guys that go to Bullard's may have seen his setup, he only goes to Bullard's.

I think he uses a winch to slide the ski up to where it rides, he can put it together in no time. While he's out on the boat he puts the rail on his trailer with a chain and padlock. I don't think it cost much, many of these muffler guys are pretty adept at doing roll cages for racing cars, this is a piece of cake comparatively.

martinarcher
A friend of mine that owns a muffler shop made a jet ski cradle for another friend of mine with a Nautique DD. (I put the two of them together)

This might be a bit tough to explain, but here goes. There are 2 rails made of muffler pipe spaced appropriately for the ski to ride on. Starting at the back of the swim step at the water level (for loading) the pipes go up to the transom and then bend towards to bow. They stay spaced until they are at the front of the engine cover, then they come together at a cup that sits on the pylon. Between the engine cover and the back seat, each rail has a vertical support that terminates at a horizontal pipe covered in carpet that sits on the floor of the boat. The carrier only touches the boat at that foot on the floor and at the cup on the pylon. The rear of the rail does not extend beyond the swim step and those angles are cut to match the horizontal of the swim step and the ends welded closed. The rails are covered with bunk carpet.

My friend painted it to match his trailer and it looks pretty sweet. He wanted the weight of the ski centered over the trailer wheels for towing stability. Some of you guys that go to Bullard's may have seen his setup, he only goes to Bullard's.

I think he uses a winch to slide the ski up to where it rides, he can put it together in no time. While he's out on the boat he puts the rail on his trailer with a chain and padlock. I don't think it cost much, many of these muffler guys are pretty adept at doing roll cages for racing cars, this is a piece of cake comparatively.

That sounds wild! Any pics?