Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How about an update from the malivue users

Malibusteve

I have it in my boat, but havent' used the boat enough yet to really get used to it. I do like it better than not so far. What do ya'll think?

I have it in my boat, but havent' used the boat enough yet to really get used to it. I do like it better than not so far. What do ya'll think?

I am interested in following this thread.

I just ordered a new VX and elected not to go with Malvue.

I am not a techy and I figured I could always add it on at a later date..

Scott

I'm a fan, but pretty techy myself. There has been an issue, however: The video input cord leading into the screen had to be replaced. Not a big deal, but just goes to show that the more there is to go wrong...

I was out with a couple of friends last weekend who weren't experienced boat drivers, though, and I really think it helped them get the hang of driving pretty quickly. Granted, one was a PhD physicist, but I don't think that's necessary to get the hang of it. I mean, I was able to figure it out and all.

You need to get out on the water more... Tease2.gif:)

The Maliview was the major reason for our purchase of a new 09 vs a used 08. During the demo it really met the "WAF" (Wife Acceptance Factor). It made it very simple for her to feel comfortable at the helm and that makes it much easier for me behind the boat. Also I felt that it made a very simple task of switching the boat for different riders and styles.

What will be interesting is to follow this thread after a season or two and see how many "bugs" start to shake out of the system.

What's the WAF? I have an 08, and am pretty impressed with that LCD display. Seriously, taking out all of the marketing into this, why is this Malivue better than the previous LCD display?

What's the WAF? I have an 08, and am pretty impressed with that LCD display. Seriously, taking out all of the marketing into this, why is this Malivue better than the previous LCD display?

Good question..

I just ordered an 09 and I could still add Mailvue.

I"m not concerned with having the "latest" tech and I am not worried about resale value being impacted.

Other than auto wedge are there any other new features provided by Malivue?

Scott

Originally we ordered our boat without Maliview. A week after we ordered the boat we were at the boat show talking to one of the Malibu factory reps about our boat. He asked us if we got Maliview, I said no, he said "Do you want it?". He added it to our order for free and now I'm glad I have it. I like the big display and all of the important information is displayed on one screen.

Terry

Good question..

I just ordered an 09 and I could still add Mailvue.

I"m not concerned with having the "latest" tech and I am not worried about resale value being impacted.

Other than auto wedge are there any other new features provided by Malivue?

Scott

Scott,

I'm not a "latest" tech guy either but I do like Malivue. The Auto wedge is a definite advantage in my opinion. The upgrade cost for me was about $600 I think. I only have about 21 hrs. with the malivue at this point, but I would order it again. Resale IS a consideration for me and I like the autowedge as I already mentioned, but also, I just find it easier to read and I like the different display options. I could certainly do without malivue, but I could do without swivel racks too. When you consider the costs of these boats, $600 is not significant IMO.

I like it alot, user friendly for sure. How much all you crew guys want to bet mastercraft will copy it and call thiers masterview.

Have a new 09 with 26 hours on it. Here is what I like so far in no particular order:

1) auto volume control - turns the stereo up and down as the boat speeds up and down. Works great. Saved me from buying the HSE? unit aftermarket, which I think was a couple hundred bucks.

2) ability to plug a video camera into Maliview and watch the wakeboarder live, and then replay when they get back in the boat. Thought this would not be of much use, but it is really fun, and has really helped riders see what they are doing and get instant feedback.

3) factory presets are great. "Go home" preset is great. Presets in visual format are easy for first time drivers to understand and change. Haven't played with the ability to develop custom presets yet, but think that will be a good feature too.

4) visual depth finder showing history of depth for the past several minutes of boat operation is cool, although probably not all that accurate at wakeboarding speeds.

5) mute button for stereo on Maliview. Heard there were complaints about there not being one in the past. It is a good thing to have.

6) factory ballast levels are easy to read on the screen

Things that I think could be better:

1) Unless Maliview is in "media" mode, you can't use it to turn the stereo up or down (although you can mute). Pushing the up and down buttons only changes the cruise speed, which has resulted in some sorta fun surfing rides. :)

2) The screen with digital representations of the analog guages is not of much help

3) The system has worked perfectly, but I am concerned about long term reliability. When I think about how often I have computer problems on my laptop Throwpc.gif, I get a little worried about having this much computer-reliant stuff on the boat.

I don't know what the pre-maliview set up was, so I don't know how much of this is new. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being best, so far, I would give it a 9.

Things that I think could be better:

1) Unless Maliview is in "media" mode, you can't use it to turn the stereo up or down (although you can mute). Pushing the up and down buttons only changes the cruise speed, which has resulted in some sorta fun surfing rides. :)

2) The screen with digital representations of the analog guages is not of much help

3) The system has worked perfectly, but I am concerned about long term reliability. When I think about how often I have computer problems on my laptop Throwpc.gif, I get a little worried about having this much computer-reliant stuff on the boat.

I don't know what the pre-maliview set up was, so I don't know how much of this is new. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being best, so far, I would give it a 9.

I agree with Malibudog on these points. I would also like to see a clock added to the maliview screens. I know the stereo as one, but you can't just look at it to see what time it is, you have to push buttons to look.

Terry

I am fully backing the Maliview. On the first day out we were trying to put hours on the boat during the break in period and actually headed down to a stretch of the river that we had never been. Everything was running smooth with the boat, but since we were constantly monitoring the dash, we luckily saw the underwater topography change quickly and found ourselves quickly in 4 feet of water. I am not sure if it got any shallower and did not want to find out. We slowly reversed out and headed back the way we came.

I find myself paying attention to the screen way more than the gauges to the left and right. It is helpful to quickly and easily scroll through the different screens to. I am way more of a visual learner, so it has helped with learning the boat.

I agree that it would be nice to have a clock, I am surprised it does not include one. The only other negative comment is that only the driver can see the screen. From an angle greater that 45 degree it becomes difficult to see.