Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Cleaning ??

Hey All,

I have a Roswell tower and it seems that there are some specs of something on the surface. Is there some sort of a clear coat protectant that is coming off??

Just wondering if any one can give me a suggestion to get this tower gleaming. Thanks

DSC_0878.jpg

I had a similar problem with my Skylon Swoop Tower on my 2004 VLX. I used Meguiar's Marine/RV Metal Polish. It worked great!

martinarcher
What about bug stuff on a black tower?

I've been using Babes spray wax. They seem to come off easier too.

I need to wax our tower - I bet that would help them come off easier. Our tower is brand new and the first time out we towed it home right after sunset. The bugs are everywhere at dusk in the spring. It took me a while with some rubbing alcohol to get them all off. I still need to take care of the truck. Whistling.gif I need to get some speaker socks for the Pro-80's before I have to tow it home in the dark with them!

Seems it was a issue with the clear coat and NOT bugs. The problem was not only on the front but on the back of the tower as well. I usually put shrinkwap the tower when i tow it on the highway anyways...however...

I just picked up the boat from the shop as we just got the tower powder coated, and it looks absolutely sick!! Clap.gifThumbup.gifClap.gifThumbup.gif Pics to follow ( if it ever stops raining)