Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

"Service Required" notice

Hey...I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone knows how serious the Service Required notice is on the computer of the '08 Wakesetter VLX. The manual says on the 07 and 08 that it has something to do with the emissions setup and that it should clear the flag once the boat has been warmed to 150 and cooled down to 80 three times but it has not worked. Has this happenned to anyone before and is it safe to drive? Any ideas on the fix? Thanks for any help....this is driving me nuts Crazy.gif

DK

Happened to me and after a few runs it all went away.

You can go into the setup and see what the fault codes are but its not necessary.

Happened to me and after a few runs it all went away.

You can go into the setup and see what the fault codes are but its not necessary.

So just run it for a bit longer and I assume you had no problems....of course the dealer is telling me to bring it in?? The worst thing is I don't have use of the ballast system. How do you get into the setup? Did yours happen after bringing it out of storage?

Thanks

DK

I've got the 08 VLX as well. They've had some issues with the CO sensors on the manifold. They were set up as to sensative. I've had the code at least 4 times. Got it again this last weekend when I turned on the engine and didn't wait for the computers to set. I did stop by the dealer and they reset it again for me. It will turn off after a while but that is a real hassle. When they reset my fault code they also flashed the computer code. They told me they had done some more fine tuning of the sensors and it would be less likely to go off again in the future. My mechanic told me to run with it but be very careful to watch the gages to make sure everything is running normal.

I've got the 08 VLX as well. They've had some issues with the CO sensors on the manifold. They were set up as to sensative. I've had the code at least 4 times. Got it again this last weekend when I turned on the engine and didn't wait for the computers to set. I did stop by the dealer and they reset it again for me. It will turn off after a while but that is a real hassle. When they reset my fault code they also flashed the computer code. They told me they had done some more fine tuning of the sensors and it would be less likely to go off again in the future. My mechanic told me to run with it but be very careful to watch the gages to make sure everything is running normal.

Cheers...Thanks for the info

Did malibu come and perform the "make it right" on your 08?

No what is that? I also bought this boat in the US and brought it to Canada if that matters.

DK