Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

new vinyl all round

smooth as glass

Ordered new skins from Chee for 2000 lxi...... skipped the motorbox as it may be more than I can handle. Although back rest of stern was a bear. Has anyone done it yourself on the motorbox, and how'd it go?

Ordered new skins from Chee for 2000 lxi...... skipped the motorbox as it may be more than I can handle. Although back rest of stern was a bear. Has anyone done it yourself on the motorbox, and how'd it go?

I am also in the same boat Crazy.gif !! I need needs new skins all the way around. Malibu told me I probably couldn't do the rear seat back rest myself becasue it needed to be steamed and pulled really tight with stretchers and stuff. I'll will let them do that, but I want to do the rest. Good luck.

i was going to get mine done professionally, i was quoted $3800 AUD to replace the vinyl throughout the boat including the back....i couldn't imagine doing it myself??

Edited by gatty
i was going to get mine done professionally, i was quoted $3800 AUD to replace the vinyl throughout the boat including the back....i couldn't imagine doing it myself??

Shop around for the right place. I found LLS Upholstery on Craigslist (in Pine Lake, Michigan), got mine done for $1550, including disassembly, reassembly, side panels, embroidery of the malibu logo, et. Others were quoting $3500 to me. There are a couple of flaws, but that price made is feasible.

Shop around for the right place. I found LLS Upholstery on Craigslist (in Pine Lake, Michigan), got mine done for $1550, including disassembly, reassembly, side panels, embroidery of the malibu logo, et. Others were quoting $3500 to me. There are a couple of flaws, but that price made is feasible.

mich boarder,

can you post some images of you interior? -it looks really nice!

I'm just curious (to get ideas) cuz i'm ordering some vinyl for my 89 from chee, too.

thanks,

CR