Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Legal to kill a thief

Boat Rocks

Just got back from my storage unit, lost a brand new 12" Rockford Fosgate marine sub, they also tried to get the new head unit. I swear if I had caught them I would have emptied the .45 nothing I hate worse than a sorry a** thief, should be legal to shoot them in the street execution style.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sixball

• MalibuTime

• fijidaniel

• Boat Rocks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No thats the only good thing, it wasn't installed yet just set in place for patterns.

Edited by Boat Rocks

I can relate with your anger. I had my beautiful honey not even 2 weeks and someone cut the ballast pump wires in the transmission area, along with the trailer tie downs. I was P*ssed ! If I would have found them, they would not have been safe that is for sure !!

MalibuNation
Just got back from my storage unit, lost a brand new 12" Rockford Fosgate marine sub, they also tried to get the new head unit. I swear if I had caught them I would have emptied the .45 nothing I hate worse than a sorry a** thief, should be legal to shoot them in the street execution style.

I'm more of a cut both their hands off kind of guy.

did you report the theft? you will probably never see the sub again but if there is a rash of thefts in your area the police will allocate more resources to your area and may even catch the thief.

MalibuNation
Can't you kill them in Texas?

There was a recent case in FLA ... good guy was getting assulted or it was a car jacking. Good guy fired a shot and killed a the girl friend in the bad guy's car and the bad guy is going to get charged with her murder as it was a direct result of the bad guys action. I like southern justice ... like some of TX laws too.

I like the trail cam idea. Not that it would stop them...just prove that they did it so when the law did catch them thevin' they would have more wood to throw on the fire.

martinarcher

There was a recent case in FLA ... good guy was getting assulted or it was a car jacking. Good guy fired a shot and killed a the girl friend in the bad guy's car and the bad guy is going to get charged with her murder as it was a direct result of the bad guys action. I like southern justice ... like some of TX laws too.

Right on. When there are stiff consequences for actions thieves and bad guys certainly will give their actions a better check at the door. He we could combine the two and shoot their hands off with the .45. :)

Unfortunately here in Illinois the good-guys just have to grab their ankles and take it. No conceal and cary laws here. Cry.gif

Sorry to hear about the theft, nothing worse than your hard earned possesions ending up in some jerks hands. I've had numerous thefts happen over the years, with no one caught, or any property returned.

Until last September. I happened to be up late one night sitting in the family room, dead quiet. I heard a "boom" and thought one of the kids fell out of bed. After checking on them I almost went to bed but thought something was weird. Went outside to find one of my out buildings doors busted open. It was a pitch black night so couldn't see much but went to investigate. Went inside only 2 find that 2 of my 3 KTM motorcycles were gone!! I rushed back outside only to come face to face with the theif! Mad.gif He screamed like a girl when he saw me and took off like a rabbit. At that moment I could hear someone trying to start my 525 EXC out on the street. I gave up chasing the first guy and jumped in the truck and went down the street to give chase after my motorcycle, they heard me coming and dropped it in the middle of the street. Of course they were gone. This all happened in a matter of 2 minutes. Still 1 bike to find. I searched the back yard and happened to find a set of keys laying in the grass. When I chased the guy he dropped his keys. I went to the street and hit the unlock button on the alarm. The lights flashed on a chevy trailblazer. On further inspection I found my sons KTM 50 in the back. Cops came. Long story short, 1.5 hrs later the theifs came back for their truck, cops caught them. Stupid idiots. 1 guy in jail and probation other guy probation. Finally a little justice!! Thumbup.gif Hope they catch your criminals.

Note: The theifs said they followed me home because of a KTM sticker on the back of my truck, advertising what we boat in or ride might not be the best idea.

When we were racing we had an enclosed trailer. We never put any stickers or sponsors names on it for the same reason. I know a number of people who had rigs stolen. All had sponsor names car numbers and or class descriptions. Just thought if all the other trailers are marked mine may be the last choice. Same nothing on the tow vehicle ether. :unsure:

When we were racing we had an enclosed trailer. We never put any stickers or sponsors names on it for the same reason. I know a number of people who had rigs stolen. All had sponsor names car numbers and or class descriptions. Just thought if all the other trailers are marked mine may be the last choice. Same nothing on the tow vehicle ether. :unsure:

+1. The only sticker I had on my 30 ft race car trailer was "Caution: Medical Waste".

Unfortunately here in Illinois the good-guys just have to grab their ankles and take it. No conceal and cary laws here. Cry.gif

Wonder if Illinois honors other states conceal permits if passing through or visiting?

You can use deadly force for property in Texas Thumbup.gif

A couple years ago (2006 I think), Florida was the first state to pass the 'stand your ground' or 'shoot first' law, which gives you (us) the right to shoot first if we are threatened, in public or in your car. Since then, I think about 15 other states have passed similiar laws. It is an extension of our old 'castle doctrine' laws that said you had the right to use deadly force in your home, without having to try to 'retreat'. Now you don't have to try to run from an attacker at all, even in public, or as in the case above, your car.

Edited by rts

Some states - (TX, OK, MO,) are/have brought back the old "Rustling" laws to do livestock being stolen. They back up livestock rigs and steal hundreds of head. As a result, ranchers are asking for "shoot first" rights. Not sure if it only applies to ranchers and farmers?

I don't put any stickers on my car now....no boat, outdoors, hunting/fishing, college, etc.

Read an article about guys targeting people with NRA, Browning, Local Sportsman Club, etc. stickers to steal guns from the house while they were at work during the day.

Low profile I guess?

As my grandma says, "They'd steal JC off the cross even though he was nailed down!"

Illinois does not honor any concealed permits from any states. For residents and non residents if you are transporting a firearm of any kind in Illinois it is supposed to be unloaded , and locked up with the ammunition locked in another compartment.

Illinois does not honor any concealed permits from any states. For residents and non residents if you are transporting a firearm of any kind in Illinois it is supposed to be unloaded , and locked up with the ammunition locked in another compartment.

Sad!

Just look at Arkansas' reciprocity laws for concealed weps and Illinois is absent from the list....

The list has 30 states on it that recognize our permits..... Im now gonna boycott the states that dont hahaha

Edited by Calexan
Sorry to hear about the theft, nothing worse than your hard earned possesions ending up in some jerks hands. I've had numerous thefts happen over the years, with no one caught, or any property returned.

Until last September. I happened to be up late one night sitting in the family room, dead quiet. I heard a "boom" and thought one of the kids fell out of bed. After checking on them I almost went to bed but thought something was weird. Went outside to find one of my out buildings doors busted open. It was a pitch black night so couldn't see much but went to investigate. Went inside only 2 find that 2 of my 3 KTM motorcycles were gone!! I rushed back outside only to come face to face with the theif! Mad.gif He screamed like a girl when he saw me and took off like a rabbit. At that moment I could hear someone trying to start my 525 EXC out on the street. I gave up chasing the first guy and jumped in the truck and went down the street to give chase after my motorcycle, they heard me coming and dropped it in the middle of the street. Of course they were gone. This all happened in a matter of 2 minutes. Still 1 bike to find. I searched the back yard and happened to find a set of keys laying in the grass. When I chased the guy he dropped his keys. I went to the street and hit the unlock button on the alarm. The lights flashed on a chevy trailblazer. On further inspection I found my sons KTM 50 in the back. Cops came. Long story short, 1.5 hrs later the theifs came back for their truck, cops caught them. Stupid idiots. 1 guy in jail and probation other guy probation. Finally a little justice!! Thumbup.gif Hope they catch your criminals.

Note: The theifs said they followed me home because of a KTM sticker on the back of my truck, advertising what we boat in or ride might not be the best idea.

Wow, some story. I glad they ran instead of going after you.

martinarcher

Wonder if Illinois honors other states conceal permits if passing through or visiting?

This site is awesome for wondering where you can carry with your state's permit....

http://www.usacarry.com/pennsylvania_conce...nformation.html

That link is for PA where I live, just click you state.