Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mirror location

What mirror do you have? I thought the only "factory" mirror came screwed into the pass thru windshield. Which frankly is a stupid place. Yes, it's in the middle of the boat, but how many people drive with the windshield closed 100% of the time? I'd rather see it above the driver's side or the passenger's side of the windshield. Or BOTH!

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
What mirror do you have? I thought the only "factory" mirror came screwed into the pass thru windshield. Which frankly is a stupid place. Yes, it's in the middle of the boat, but how many people drive with the windshield closed 100% of the time? I'd rather see it above the driver's side or the passenger's side of the windshield. Or BOTH!

I don't know what brand. It came with the boat and has a two brackets with 4 small screws and a thumb screws on each bracket to mount the mirror to the brackets.

I didn't know it would not mount to the fixed glass frame on either side?

TR

I didn't know it would not mount to the fixed glass frame on either side?

TR

Yep, I believe your right. Not very smart if you ask me.

You could always get a Sampson mirror and not worry about the stock mirror placement :) I didnt like the placement of the stock mirror either and the Sampson has been great.

BUmirror60s.jpg

You could always get a Sampson mirror and not worry about the stock mirror placement :) I didnt like the placement of the stock mirror either and the Sampson has been great.

BUmirror60s.jpg

Agree that is nice, but rather pricey.

No Illusion here so that won't do it either.

I have a line on a pair of the CorrectCraft Full Throttle mirror brackets. They should put the mirror placement right above the windshield on both sides.

I wish you could get a concave Cipa Comp 7"x14" mirror. Would make it a lot easier.

No Illusion here so that won't do it either.

I have a line on a pair of the CorrectCraft Full Throttle mirror brackets. They should put the mirror placement right above the windshield on both sides.

I wish you could get a concave Cipa Comp 7"x14" mirror. Would make it a lot easier.

Would this one work with the bracket? My mirror is a Cipa 7x14 but uses the screws?

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/de...ails_box_holder