Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Starbright Premium Marine Polish

I was at my dealer today to get my boat de-winterized (FINALLY!!!!) and was talking to the service department about waxing the boat. They recommended I use Starbright Premium Marine Polish. Has anyone on here used this product and if so, did you like it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I was at my dealer today to get my boat de-winterized (FINALLY!!!!) and was talking to the service department about waxing the boat. They recommended I use Starbright Premium Marine Polish. Has anyone on here used this product and if so, did you like it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Use it, love it. It's got PTEF Teflon in it...makes the boat super slick and easy to clean/wipe down.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teflon

Edited by DIE2SURF
I bet if you run a search for "starbright" at least ten threads will come up, with more info for you.

yup. MalibuDude loves to convert members to this stuff. Biggrin.gif

Thats all I ever used on my Glastron, it works great for hard to remove water stains and shines the boat up great. But from what I have read: "Polish is an abrasive cleaner while wax is a protective coat". I'm thinking I should have applied a wax after the polish.

When I sold the boat it still looked like new, the time you take up front pays off down the road.

Edited by Kingfish
  • 4 weeks later...

what is everyone's take on using wax after this product?

many write ups about this "polish" indicate its one step ability to clean & protect

I've used it before and worked great. Also used something called Yachtbrite and seemed to work about the same.

when I was at the TN Malibu plant tour back in 06, they were using some version of Meguiar's in bulk.