Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What type of wakesurf rope do you prefer

chuckc983

Wakesurf Rope  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What type of surf rope and handle do you use?

• T-Handle
    • Braided/Knotted End - no handle
    • Small handle

I have a large braided and knotted liquid force rope. It's kind of hard to hold onto for some women and kids, getting up. I'd like to get one with a small handle, but I've never tried one.

I have tried several. The Liquid Force Braided/Knotted T-Handle was way too heavy, it would be good for tying large ships to a dock. The one we settled on was The Helium Surf Rope. Everyone likes it and no injuries yet. It comes in several colors from different vendors.

Just don't make any style of surfrope too long so you fall on the rope.

My personal preference for wakesurfing is a knotted rope tied to the tower. Straight Line makes a great wakesurf rope that's the perfect length and has 5 or 6 knotts tied in it.

combo-wakesurf-knotted-white.jpg

We like our Ronix rope! It's has a small handle and a few knots up the rope with pads betwen them, which makes it easy to pull up on. This rope seems to be more comfortable for beginners to learn with than our old rope with the big knot.

I have one of the ones that's knotted with pads on it like the picture above but it also has a small handle on the end. It's perfect to just attach to the tower and pull you right up. The knots and pads make it easier to pull the rope up to get yourself in the pocket if you need to. I think mine is made by straight line too, but not sure.

We like our Ronix rope! It's has a small handle and a few knots up the rope with pads betwen them, which makes it easy to pull up on. This rope seems to be more comfortable for beginners to learn with than our old rope with the big knot.

Plus1.gif I have the Ronix as well and it works very well. As others have said it is a lot easier then the fat rope with big knots.

I took an old slalom handle, drilled a hole in the middle of it, ran a rope through, and tied it off effectively making it a large T handle. Ahead of the handle, I braided a few feet and tied some knots in it. It's not perfect or pretty, but it does the job.

• 3 weeks later...

We have used both (knotted and small handle). For first timers, the handle makes it alot easier. Safety wise, we use the knotted/padded rope by SL. Once u can get up on the board, either works just fine.