Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Transportation Advice Needed.

robe39

Anyone know what the most economic way to get a boat from california to canada is. any experiences or advice.

thanks

Anyone know what the most economic way to get a boat from california to canada is. any experiences or advice.

thanks

go to www.uship.com

From there, you can add all the information about the transport and different carriers will bid for the job.

One note of advice, do your homework regarding the bidders as some of course will be better than others.

I have used this method successfully before.

Good Luck.

thanks

go to www.uship.com

From there, you can add all the information about the transport and different carriers will bid for the job.

One note of advice, do your homework regarding the bidders as some of course will be better than others.

I have used this method successfully before.

Good Luck.

I used U ship to handle my boat and all went well except that they were offering a mail in rebate of $50 bucks on the haul. I triple checked that all the information was included and sent in 2 days after I took delivery of the boat. I got a email notice a few months after telling me the time had passed and my mail in rebate was no longer good.

It was 50 bucks so not a big deal just pissed me off that they offer these things then you go thru the work to complete their way to complicated forms and they still #$%# ya.

Depends on where you are in Canada... is it worth your wild to get it yourself? I did it.. 3300km return trip to Tennesse in three days and I did it for about 1.5K. Was worth ever second and $ saved.

Depends on where you are in Canada... is it worth your wild to get it yourself? I did it.. 3300km return trip to Tennesse in three days and I did it for about 1.5K. Was worth ever second and $ saved.

I got my boat shipped from Southern Florida to North Dakota through uship. Search for James Salazarr, he brought it up here for 1200.

I think where the big costs come in is what they say is paper work at the boarder... which is BS.. you drive up show the ownership transfer, bill of sale and pay the taxes and your in (took me less than 15 minutes to get through with the boat). I asked a shippiong company and they wanted $$$$$$$ for the paper work and boarder crap. S

I think where the big costs come in is what they say is paper work at the boarder... which is BS.. you drive up show the ownership transfer, bill of sale and pay the taxes and your in (took me less than 15 minutes to get through with the boat). I asked a shippiong company and they wanted $$$$$$$ for the paper work and boarder crap. S

Just to follow up, my guys uship page is:

http://www.uship.com/profile/js47/

He spoke about delivering a lot of boats to Canada before mine. He doesn't work for a big company, just delivers on his own, I don't think he'd hit you with any border fees. Only issue was how far he was backed up from all the storms,

thanks

There are a lot of bu crewers in the Seattle area, if you want to ship it up here and take it across yourself you can do that too. We'll help you out.

Just get it your self you will save a lot of cash I towed my Malibu from South California to east Tennessee three times and each time it only cost me around 1,200.00 round trip for fuel or ( 5,300.00 to ship!!! one way) And I was with it the hole time and be sure you shrink wrap it to keep the road dirt out and that cost me 150.00 each time small price to pay for towing it a long way. BTW my suburban gets 10 to 12 MPG. Just go get it Bro.

I had my 07 shipped from Michigan to Ca , used uship. One thing I wanted was a carrier that would put in up on their trailer and not tow it. I found a guy that did it for a reasonable $ amount(2000.00) but the phone communacation was real bad. At one point after he picked up my boat he would not return my calls and I thought he stoled my boat with the title in the glove box. After using uship complaint manager to help me out and make contact with this shipper I got my boat three weeks late. So be aware. Not so much a problem with uship but this one shipper. Read all the reviews

uship, if you don't want to do it yourself. I had a 5th wheel brought from texas to the border for $1.50 per mile. i picked it up at the border and brought it across myself. easy stuff.

if you have the time and want to save some cash, do it yourself but do the math first. jphillips did 2000 miles at a cost of $1,500 (and 3 - 700 mile driving days).

to have it shipped @$1.50 mile would have been $3,000. The net cost to have it shipped would have been $1,500.

Edited by Cervelo