Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboard measurements

bilbao

Just wondering how they figure the wakeboard sizes. I just got a 134 and it seams to be the same length as a 142 I have though not quite as wide.

Intriguing. My 145 seems proportinately bigger and wider than my 140.

Are they both the same Mfg?

No, one is Obrein the other is liquid force.

That could potentially be the reason.

Are they both the same rocker? How are you measuring. Often times the curve of the board can affect the length. Measure on the bottom of the board using a tape measure and be sure to follow the curve. You've got a difference of 4cm on each side, which is under 2" Not a huge difference to begin with.

Just wondering how they figure the wakeboard sizes. I just got a 134 and it seams to be the same length as a 142 I have though not quite as wide.

134 and 142 refer to the length in centimeters. The 142 is 8 cm longer and you should be able to tell a difference of about 3 inches (about the length of an index finger on average). It has nothing to do with the width. A LF Fish at 129 can carry as much weight as some boards over 140 but the 140 is still roughly 11cm longer even though the Fish is much wider.

Might be telling you something you already know, but there ya have it.

Edited by wakeup