Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

pooling water on cover

foiler1

Hi all, I have water that pools up on my cover around the tower base. I have an illusion tower. Has anyone come up with a way to avoid this? I hate starting the day with a wet rug

Hi all, I have water that pools up on my cover around the tower base. I have an illusion tower. Has anyone come up with a way to avoid this? I hate starting the day with a wet rug

i know some crew members have moved to AZ or TX. That seems to fix the problem. Other than that, i got nothin.

I took a simple plastic lock clamp from Menards, can be found in either the rope section or wood working section, hooked a bungie cord to it and attached the other end to the bimini support on the tower. I'll get pictures in a week or so. It works good for the pooling, however I have not solved the problem on water running down the tower and soaking the lockers. Will probably take it to a canvas person and have extensions put on that go up the tower. Also, if you tow with cover on, remove these straps as they might come off.

We added Velcro on the inside of the tower feet and the cover and velcro them together when the cover is on. Has worked great, but there is a Velcro strip (hook side) on the inside of each tower, but I don't even notice it.

I took a simple plastic lock clamp from Menards, can be found in either the rope section or wood working section, hooked a bungie cord to it and attached the other end to the bimini support on the tower. I'll get pictures in a week or so. It works good for the pooling, however I have not solved the problem on water running down the tower and soaking the lockers. Will probably take it to a canvas person and have extensions put on that go up the tower. Also, if you tow with cover on, remove these straps as they might come off.

Evolution covers have this, maybe goes up the (Illusion X) tower 8-10" or so.

In the past I have left ice chest on the seats before I covered it. This didn't allow any water to pool. This past winter I decided to rent a storage room to get rid of that problem. I have talked to some guys that built a minny tower out of PVC that raised the cover behind the tower didn't allow pooling.

Build some (cover) supports out of PVC - I know people that do that.

Another member sent me the design instructions for a pvc support. I took about $12 bucks and 10 mins. to build it worked very well. I since splurged for the Evolution cover and no looking back.

PM me with your email and I'll send you the instructions.

Build some (cover) supports out of PVC - I know people that do that.

Another member sent me the design instructions for a pvc support. I took about $12 bucks and 10 mins. to build it worked very well. I since splurged for the Evolution cover and no looking back

PM me with your email and I'll send you the instructions.

Plus1.gif

Edited by nemire12

I just extend the rear pole a little further so the pin rests on the bottom half of the pole, instead of in the hole drilled in the pole. Seems to give it just enough extra elevation to prevent pooling...

I built a little stand out of pvc. Works great in the strange event it rains here!

I did the same, out of 2" PVC. Works well. Two pieces that go across with tees in the middle, two short riser pieces with elbows on the top, and a piece to connect the risers.

All I did was put in the table pole, slip a piece of Pvc over the table pole with a cap on top, I believe it is slightly shorter than the tower pole but because it is pushed further back I get no water build up, its been great. will try to post pics if i can

Chris

Here is the link I promised. This is credited to rutat. Note that the measurements are for a 99 Response so you might have to alter the dimensions slightly based on your beam and placement of grab handles for other models. I've also seen the base supports clipped on to the wall of the gunnel storage. Anyway the directions are so good even I can follow them Crazy.gif.

Its a good DYI article for permanent post.

I think I've posted the link right. If not could one of the mods help out.

Hope I'm not breaking any competition rules by posting this link. No malice intended just trying to help.

http://www.wakesiderides.com/viewArticle.php?id=154