Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wetsuit recomendations

ilovetrains

On the last fall run last year, the zipper broke on my 11 year old Bare spring suit. Need a new one.

I hope to drop the boat in the water this weekend, current lake temp is 59. Yikes, a little cold for a spring suit!

What do you guys recommend for a good quality suit? I might want to go ahead and get a 3 piece and be done with it.

I have a shorty wetsuit, but I rarely use it. I go from a drysuit, to a neo top, and then to trunks only as it warms up. I have found the neo top to be much more versatile. I have a Body Glove Rover and the kids all have O'Neill Gooru's and love them.

You can't go wrong with O'Neill, they make a great product. A 3mm full suit is what I use, and it is great IMO.

recommendations on a dry suit? I was going to get one a couple years ago, but never did. I usually think of the dry suit more in the fall when air temps are not as high, the water is cold, but the sun is out. Usually by then I am nursing some injury...

recommendations on a dry suit? I was going to get one a couple years ago, but never did. I usually think of the dry suit more in the fall when air temps are not as high, the water is cold, but the sun is out. Usually by then I am nursing some injury...

Most everyone I know uses O'neill or Bare. I have the O'neill Thottle which is 2m or 3m drysuit so I'm always very comfortable in spring/fall and winter.

I have an O'Neill Boost, which is well made and held up really well. It is a full baggy style suit. The O'Neill Assault is a hybrid suit with a neo bottom and baggy top. One of my friends has that one and really likes it. I think that one is better for slalom skiing than the Boost. We also have some OS Systems drysuits, and while they are OK, they are not nearly as nice as the O'Neill.

I just buy shorty wetsuits at Costco. For me it is more about having a little bit more crash protection (I crash a lot) although some of the lakes around here can be pretty cool even in August, like Baker Lake, Lake Wenatchee and Lake Kachess to name a few.

I think if I were the purchase a new spring suit ( i have a nice long sleeve jet pilot shorty) I would buy one long sleeve 3mm neo top and a 2-3 mm neo bottom.

When I would climb in the boat after a set I would peel off the upper part of the shorty suit to cool off, but I always had the thing hanging around my waist. If had a separate shirt and shorts I could just peel off the neo shirt and be happy!

Last year I bought a full wetsuit made by AQUA SPHERE (it looks pretty much the same as the CAMARO) . It was originally designed as a cold water swim suit, only about 1.5 mm thick. It is not as durable as a 3/2 but is extremely flexible and I was reasonably comfortable in 50 deg water last week.

Highly recommend!

I have a jetpilot 3/2 capsule and an oneil boost drysuit. I used both this year, glad I didn't sell my jetpilot.

I just buy shorty wetsuits at Costco. For me it is more about having a little bit more crash protection (I crash a lot) although some of the lakes around here can be pretty cool even in August, like Baker Lake, Lake Wenatchee and Lake Kachess to name a few.

OMG Lake Kachess is ffffffreezing.

SkiWarm SWS Sahara Dry suit I had a hybrid from Bare a very nice suit but after replacing it with the Sahara I will never use a bag or hybrid again. I think it is so much more comfortable and the seals are much more durable. All the skiers on my lake have dumped there bags for this suit Five that I know of and all think it is the best. Check Barts water sports The best price I have seen lately.

Last year I bought a full wetsuit made by AQUA SPHERE (it looks pretty much the same as the CAMARO) . It was originally designed as a cold water swim suit, only about 1.5 mm thick. It is not as durable as a 3/2 but is extremely flexible and I was reasonably comfortable in 50 deg water last week.

Highly recommend!

I have one of those also and it is great down to about 50*. I have been skiing this year in 60* water with just the neo top. As long as the air is over about 65* I have been fine.