Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Location of fuel pump/ECM relays

Going4MoreBuoys

All,

I have been looking for a .pdf manual that I was able to download years ago from Indmar (can't seem to find that anymore) that had all the diagnostic steps for troubleshooting.

I believe my 2002 Monsoon 320 has a fuel pump relay issue and I would like to know where it's located. I usually hear the fuel pump whine when turning the key over one notch, not getting that now and no fuel delivery to the motor. I have ruled out the saftey lanyard.

Thanks.

If looking at the rear of the engine, the relays are as follows: Fuel Pump, Ignition, Starter

fuell pump will have green wires

ignition will have red wires

starter will have yellow wires

the engine computer controls the fuel pump relay. thats what makes it fun for a few seconds when you turn the key on, so check that you are getting 12 volts to the ecm harness with the key on. there are also 3 fuses on the engine(fuel pump, Ignition, Battery)

Thanks, will check when there is daylight. I did have a friend turn the key while I kept my fingers on those components. It seemed that the top relay (assumption at the time) did not "click" like the rest. Will check the wire color for sure. More to follow...again, thanks....Mike

If looking at the rear of the engine, the relays are as follows: Fuel Pump, Ignition, Starter

fuell pump will have green wires

ignition will have red wires

starter will have yellow wires

the engine computer controls the fuel pump relay. thats what makes it fun for a few seconds when you turn the key on, so check that you are getting 12 volts to the ecm harness with the key on. there are also 3 fuses on the engine(fuel pump, Ignition, Battery)

they are mounted to a metal bored and are covered with rubber covers. very neat and organized... directly above your transmission

found them. They are mounted on the under side of a plate JUST above the transmision hard to see until you look right down under there

thanks mate