Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

water seperator

spherren

Dontknow.gif Depends on the model & model year. My 2000 Sporty has a fuel filter/water separator.

I guess Malibu is just really confident that no water will end up in the gas tanks of their boats. Crazy.gif

Dontknow.gif Depends on the model & model year. My 2000 Sporty has a fuel filter/water separator.

I guess Malibu is just really confident that no water will end up in the gas tanks of their boats. Crazy.gif

Mine is an 06, just a filter. Wonder if it would be a good idea to install a seperator

I suppose it's a good idea if you have a problem with water getting in your gas tank...... maybe surfers run into that from water coming in when the boat is weighted?

I've never pegged any problems with it on any boat I've ever had.

Last year the Oregon State Marine Board sent a written warning to all Oregon Registered boaters advising them to install a fuel/water separator. The issue is mandatory E10 gasoline in Oregon. Plus 80% of the population in Oregon lives on the more humid west side of the Cascade Mountain range. The risk is that the engine just plain stops working due to water in the fuel. So the OMSB just pulled a CYA.

I live in the high desert at 4100' ASL and the humidity is a third of that on the west side. I installed a fuel water separator last year because I did not want to take the chance. There is some discussion that we have maybe a 20% chance of going back to non-mandatory ethanol blend fuel. If we do then presumably we won't need the fuel/water separator.

There is one source in Bend that will fill your boat with 92 octane no ethanol fuel for $2.79 gallon. Their price for 91 octane was about $ 2.17 ? at that time. If you find a source of non-ethanol fuel that is another way to go.

Mine is an 06, just a filter. Wonder if it would be a good idea to install a seperator

My 1993 bu has a water/fuel separator and so did my past few boats which were much newer than my bu. The kits are very easy to install and older water/ sep housings should be updated to the stainless housings do to the bad effects of ethonal in gas

Its not the boat builder, its the engine makers. But I would think the engine makers would listen if the builder had some strong opinions.

Merc and PCM use them.

which racor water separator should we use could you please inform me with a model number and i was wondering will it work on a 2008 23 lsv

because ive had enough i have changed my fuel pump twice in less than a year because the benzene here in egypt is s***

thanks guys

:)

You have an intank fuel pump, no way to put a fuel water seperator in there.

-Chris

you can to

just have to get the right flow rate, so there is no restriction in there