Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I am hooked on Surfing.

Willy

Fly High's Pro X Series Fat Sacs would be my recommendation. They're slightly oversized for the lockers of the VTX, but will give you the maximum amount of ballast bag there (if you choose to fill them completely).

Are you planning on manually filling and draining them, or automating the process?

Fly High's Pro X Series Fat Sacs would be my recommendation.

Plus1.gif for Fly High - I have 550# in each locker in our VTX wake hull - front, center, and surf side tank and sack full and wedge at 10:00 give us a great surf wake. The sweet spot stays strong from 10.4mph all the way to 13mph.

Bought our sacs at the end of the season at a lake side shop at a terrific price (props to G-Rides - those guys are awesome!), but it sounds like waiting until September is not an option so I can't help there.

Fly High's Pro X Series Fat Sacs would be my recommendation.

Plus1.gif for Fly High - I have 550# in each locker in our VTX wake hull - front, center, and surf side tank and sack full and wedge at 10:00 give us a great surf wake. The sweet spot stays strong from 10.4mph all the way to 13mph.

Bought our sacs at the end of the season at a lake side shop at a terrific price (props to G-Rides - those guys are awesome!), but it sounds like waiting until September is not an option so I can't help there.

Also FYI - the sacs fit great, but when all full it's more weight than the Monsoon wants with her current prop. Once she finally planes out, the wake is great - looking for a new prop now, as lightening the load is not an option :)

I run a enzo sack on the port side 1550lbs, a 800lb on the rear seat and a 1000lb bow bag along with all 4 factory ballast full the wake is awesome. Thumbup.gif

I run a enzo sack on the port side 1550lbs, a 800lb on the rear seat and a 1000lb bow bag along with all 4 factory ballast full the wake is awesome. Thumbup.gif

Dude that's a lot of wieght! Take some pics of the wake and post them.

Here is my setup, if tnterested. Bow full, center full, port side full. 1 flyhigh 750 in the port side locker filled as much as you can. Long 400 lb tube sack under port side seats. 2 400 lb v-drive sacks filled and either 1 in the bow and 1 on the port side seats, or both on the port side seats, depends on who and how many in the boat. Wedge down and run at 10.5 to 11.5 mph. Great freakin wave, but hard as hell to drive without swamping the bow. Pic is in my avatar.

Fly High's Pro X Series Fat Sacs would be my recommendation. They're slightly oversized for the lockers of the VTX, but will give you the maximum amount of ballast bag there (if you choose to fill them completely).

Are you planning on manually filling and draining them, or automating the process?

I guess manually. I just dont have time to be "plumbing" them in. Then I could just buy one as well. Just switch it back and fouth. Almost all of us are goofy anyhow.

A Fly High Fat Sac and Tsunami pump would be a great way to get started with building a solid wake in your VTX. I would guess you'll be more than happy with that one bag in the rear locker on the side you're surfing on, but you can always add more weight down the road.