Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Windsheild tint

wakesk8playa69

Heres mine with 15%...... sorry the walkthrough isnt closed, but it should give you an idea. No problems with visability yet, but I also havnt driven it at night. Im expecting to have to sit over the windsheild at night though.

DSC_0532.jpg

can any one post pics of the bu with tint? im thinking of going 5% Thx

My local tint guy tried several times to tint my 08 VLX windshield and failed. He says the size of the windshield coupled with the curvature makes it nearly impossible to do. He mentioned maybe someone had a template he could stick in his computer so his machine could cut the tint? Anybody have a template file or any other tips on how to successfully install the tint?

You might want to check with the boat dealers around your area and see who they use. Just cause one guy couldnt do it, i wouldnt give up. Ive heard so many different things.... Some people say that the windshield needs to be removed. Others dont have a problem doing it on the boat.

They didnt remove mine and the only problem i had was where I got a stretch mark in the tint (which they just peeled off and cut a new piece). They charged me $225 but like the more aggressive look it added.

Heres mine with 15%...... sorry the walkthrough isnt closed, but it should give you an idea. No problems with visability yet, but I also havnt driven it at night. Im expecting to have to sit over the windsheild at night though.

DSC_0532.jpg

That looks great!! Thumbup.gif

Here is a couple pics of my 5%. He did not have to take my windshield off, if I remember right it was around $150 - $200.

153Large.jpg

Edited by kentjina

Calexan, I love your boat man Rockon.gif

anyone have any pcitures of tint on an all white or primarily white boat? Might want to do this myself sometime in the future..

My brother's 03 XTI

JakesBoat.jpg

And Q's LSV

Qstint.jpg

Tinted by different guys. Both charged a lot, like $500 or $600, both removed the windshield, and both guys swore at them the whole time.

So what are the reasons they are giving yall for needing to remove the windshield? I guess i just dont understand why it would need to be removed. It seems as though if the installer takes their time i dont see why they would need to go to all the trouble to remove it.

the old windshield design was one piece wrap around and minimal black border a lot more work than the new one.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for beating the dead horse guys, but can someone tell me how to take the windshield of my 05 VLX. I want to install speakers, tint windows and clean the area...Thanks

DSC_0532.jpg

I am not one for tinting but dammmer your boat is looooking gooood. Thumbup.gifRockon.gif

DSC_0532.jpg

I am not one for tinting but dammmer your boat is looooking gooood. Thumbup.gifRockon.gif

Plus1.gif I think it even looks better with the color scheme of the hull Thumbup.gif

15 or 20% would be my recomendation...friend of mine had 5% and it was just too dark at dusk or dawn

I have 20% on my boat

Edited by johnsvt

anyone out there tried any colored tints??? any pics?? they told me at local place they have the mirrored finish (dont want) or any other %'s for $200.man that 5% looks good from this side of the windshield. i thought maybe a blue would look pretty nice but could also ruin a boat if im wrong.